Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

What have you drawn?

I just got a sportsmans license with general deer and elk tags. I need to learn the lay of the land a little better before I go after any draw tags. I probably will apply for the 900-20 elk tag next year though.

Drew about the closest tag to a sure thing on cow elk here in E Wa. That's it so far, actually hoping I don't draw ID as I'm running shorter on vaca than I normally am at this point in the year.

Must be nice Oak! Myself I am sitting on a Montana breaks rifle bull tag and I can't wait until November. Hopefully I will have an antelope tag to go with it and of coarse deer bear Turkey here in Virginia.

Intentionally nothing so far, points in CO, WY, and AZ for E/D/A, and MT for M/S/G. Hopefully won't draw MT antelope, as I won't have time to hunt and would prefer a point. Had Baby Boy #3 on Memorial Day, and doing some major home renovations this summer. Hoping to have time and money to start going west annually in 2-4 years. Good luck to all who drew, looking forward to reading all about your hunts.

Some good tags drawn! I hope everyone posts up an account of their hunts.

My schedule:

Columbia Blacktail, Black Bear - California
Whitetails, Turkey, and possibly hogs - Indiana
Coues Deer (pending draw) - Arizona

A dove hunt to rival Argentina on Labor Day weekend.

Unlimited whitetail doe tags.

2 whitetail archery buck tags

2 whitetail muzzleloader buck tags

2 whitetail rifle buck tags

A resident goose limit of 8 per day.

Wait a minute...that's my over the counter Maryland stuff this fall. I am still waiting for a coveted western tag however I am down to Deer and Sheep in Arizona...

NV rifle antelope in August for my son followed immediately by his archery deer tag-overlapping season.
Then to AZ for my brother's either sex rifle elk tag in October.
Late season NV cow elk for me in January.

New Mexico unit 51 elk Oct 22-26 for me and my dad. It is our first time hunting NM so I am hoping that I can help him get his first bull this year.

Muzzleloader Mule Deer in Utah for me.
Rifle Elk in New Mexico for the wife.
Rifle Antelope for my son.
And Texas whitetail all fall long. We may not have public land, but we have long seasons and a ton of Whitetail.
Gonna be a busy season. Looking forward to sharing the woods with some HuntTalkers. Excited for what's ahead. Vacations are booked at work and I am ready for fall.

Mostly just points for me this fall.
I'll pick up an OTC elk tag here in CO, archery pronghorn in SD. Might look into WYO leftover antelope as well.
Hoping next year will bring a couple more tags. I've started laying the ground work with my better half to plan out a possible AK caribou hunt for '17 or '18. Plans in the works for FL Osceola next spring as well. Good luck to all!

NV archery Bull Elk, Area 7 (072 ,073, 074) Aug 25th - Sept 16th, Waiting on the 2nd NV draw for Mule deer. not much hope cut the tags by almost half this year. Last year over 300 tags in the second draw only 59 this year. (archery only)

Points for me in Wyoming for antelope and elk also my oldest boy. Hoping to get him out there before he turns 18 he's 14 now. Deer and waterfowl in mo. Elk in unit 18 Idaho.

Looks like I will find out about my Wyoming deer and antelope on the 21st which I should get if my research is correct. Other then those two I'll go with a resident archery whitetail again.

Buck mule deer second season rifle, second choice second season cow tag rifle and an archery lope tag. Points for bear and turkey all here in Colorado.
New Mexico antelope tag waiting for me in August.
We are going to check into doe antelope tags in Wyoming also. Good luck with the rest of the draws for everyone!

Drew bow hunts:
WY elk that took 10 points to draw
UT antelope
CO bear
Probably will draw desert sheep in AZ. :cool:

and of course will be packing the usual CO OTC Elk cause they give those out free with each slushy purchase at 7/11...

Sask. Whitetail in Nov
NV Cow elk Late Dec - Jan
Texas Whitetail Nov - Jan

Well I can tell you what I didn't drawing.

New Hampshire Moose
Kentucky Elk

I will hunt Whitetail in Iowa here and I am pretty sure I am going to archery Pronghorn in Nebraska.

I drew the mobility impared tag for bull elk in New Mexico unit 52 with a muzzleloader, my wife and son both drew the first rifle bull tags for unit 16A in the Gila and my daughter and her boyfriend both drew the once in a lifetime cow hunt in the Valle Vidal

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back