What has hunting become?

Just stop with that altruistic attitude you are fooling no one but yourself.

You did not make a donation you made a purchase there's an effing difference.
Donation- http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/donation

Purchase- http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/purchase?s=t

If you had paid that kind of money for some picture frame or sculpture that would be different. The 5k offer is just comical reinforcement of the point.

Purchase all you want just don't expect everyone to agree with you when you say how good your farts smell.

I find it interesting how some on this site disagree with this gentleman paying thousands to hunt an animal that he didn't put any time into scouting but have no problem with other people and outfitters who specialize in the same kind of auction tags, governors tags, etc... who basically do the exact same thing.

This ^^^

I dislike the whole outfitter/guide thing in general and this brings it home. I often wonder if guiding/outfitting and leasing for the purpose of hunting were illegal...how different things might look for the DYI hunter.

Last edited:
I live in the Valley and was going scouting one morning and saw the sign. "Find a 200 inch mule deer and see us about 5000 dollars." I wanted to puke. I am lucky to have a 270 buck tag and shit like this makes me sick. Its all about the Money . I would rather kill a 140 inch 4 pnt on my own then PAY someone to scout for me. Hunter Andrews

I live in the Valley and was going scouting one morning and saw the sign. "Find a 200 inch mule deer and see us about 5000 dollars." I wanted to puke. I am lucky to have a 270 buck tag and shit like this makes me sick. Its all about the Money . I would rather kill a 140 inch 4 pnt on my own then PAY someone to scout for me. Hunter Andrews

You mean there are signs out posted in the 'Root on telephone poles and such?

This is fuggn' genius. Offer a "reward" but only pay up if you kill it. Can you imagine the leads, pictures, stores, etc this would generate!

I'm going to offer a $10,000...

You mean there are signs out posted in the 'Root on telephone poles and such?

I think Hunter's referring to the readerboard at the guy's store in Stevensville. It got changed and now says something along the lines of "Landowners- see a buck contact us." I wouldn't be surprised if he's got signs up at every trailhead in 270 and 261 here in pretty short order though.

Not sure why it's being referred to as landowners only now. That's not how we was advertising it at first and the biggest bucks in the state live on public land.

This bucks on public land, it's not 200" but maybe I can get 2 grand for it? What do you say elkdude?

Attachments

• 10520769_10203258186068157_5364975568814570946_n.jpg
    10520769_10203258186068157_5364975568814570946_n.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 315
Can he really have no idea how that add affects hunting through the jury of public opinion?
This selfish sob is kicking all hunter in the junk just so he gets his...and some of you defend him:eek:

I say we take wagers on whether Hunter kills a bigger buck with his bow or if elkdude does with his "networking" skills.

I was hopeful that most of this was just a piss poor blog written out of context, but it's pretty clear what this is now given the scope and effort.

Not sure why it's being referred to as landowners only now.

I think someone mentioned that you can only pay a tresspass fee so any exchange of money has to be with a licensed guide or a landowner.

So if I am a farmer in HD261 and have always allowed permit holders to hunt my land and I have a big buck in my alfalfa, do I now shut it down until I find out if I am in the running for the reward?

Opportunity to share some erroneous er.... good information on big buck sightings in MT.

Last b$c contender I saw was last Wednesday. 216 foster lane, billings. In the backyard, laying in the garden. I got a couple crappy shots with the iPhone because I was trying not to spill my coffee and avoid detection by the neighbors. If you kill it - I want 5000.

True story.

i live in the valley and was going scouting one morning and saw the sign. "find a 200 inch mule deer and see us about 5000 dollars." i wanted to puke. I am lucky to have a 270 buck tag and shit like this makes me sick. Its all about the money . I would rather kill a 140 inch 4 pnt on my own then pay someone to scout for me. Hunter andrews

+1 x 2

Alright, I generally don't rip on the wealthy for what their money can buy in terms of critter quality, but I think Darren has crossed the line.

And his "I'm helping you so you should be grateful to me" attitude is a little sickening.

If he really wanted to help mule deer, he would buy the tag and then eat it. That way the $$$ goes to conservation and one less buck dies this fall.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fred Powell Sr
Back