PEAX Equipment

What did you learn elk hunting this year?

Ok then back to what we learned!

I learned I am afraid of who or what made these carvings.

P1010434.jpg

This year I also reaffirmed that bumping quarters to the truck is about as boring as it gets.

P1010544.jpg

P1010577-1.jpg

P1010622.jpg

And finally I learned that even 3 signs at the trail head with no ATV allowed symbols on them still does not keep the Douche Bags out.

P1010624.jpg

Last edited:
There sounds like a story hidden behind this piece of advice.

I got excited like a twelve year old girl when a herd of cows brought a little bull under my treestand. In the commotion of my raghorn-fever I somehow dropped my wallet about twenty yards in front of the lead cow, and winged the bull as they were fleeing the accessory-dropping tree.

When you come to full draw in thick timber and you are forced to shift your aiming point, take the time to take a peek from behind that peep to make sure you still have proper clearance along the arrows path.

Otherwise you just might shoot a branch instead of that bull you had your sights on! :(

And finally I learned that even 3 signs at the trail head with no ATV allowed symbols on them still does not keep the Douche Bags out.

P1010624.jpg

I also learned that even though there are the above mentioned signs there will be a guy parked at the top. I also learned that even though you take detailed pictures of the machine and plates and talk multiple times with the Law enforcement lady that she won't get back to you about the case like she said she would. I guess dirt in the tank will work better.

I also learned that even though there are the above mentioned signs there will be a guy parked at the top. I also learned that even though you take detailed pictures of the machine and plates and talk multiple times with the Law enforcement lady that she won't get back to you about the case like she said she would. I guess dirt in the tank will work better.

Assuming you were hunting south of town, the same lady didn't bother with our complaint of ATVs off trail during our entire moose hunt.

Just pack some styrofoam for the gas tank...light to pack and works wayyyy better than dirt.

Someday soon I can tell everyone what not to do when you encounter an ATV somewhere where it shouldn't be!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D

Last edited:
He told me to dump my heavy pack frame and just carry a knife and some candy bars if I thought it was necessary and to eat snow if I got thirsty. He called my pack an anchor. All he carried was a lighter and a pack of marb reds and smoked an entire pack on each of our hunts. This man was as western as they get..

Although I could never get myself to do leave the truck like this, I did read an article by Greg Munther in TradBow about heading into the wilderness for a week-long sheep hunt 50 years ago with a 17lb pack, which made me wonder why the heck I leave the truck with 45 lbs for 3 measley days. Pretty sure they didn't have the "ultra light" gear that we have now, 50 years ago...

Biggest thing I learned is I should stop hiking around aimlessly and sit down and use the binoculars I've been hauling around.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back