What Bino harness are you running

Striking out ...Stone Glazier's aren't big enough according to the dimensions. I watched the FHF video and I can't see why their large size won't work, but maybe the top won't bend itself into shape for the larger bino's. I guess I need to make a phone call.
We just got the new SG Skyline for retrofit. I don't believe it would be big enough for 15's either. When we are done with the retrofit I will post here so people can see it. It's surely a different take on Bino harnesses and I think it will gather a following?

As Strike J said. The Marsupial large is ideal and will fit a set of 15's. if you are looking for something to fit larger binos and you like the concept and stile of harness.

Last edited by a moderator:
Although the Marsupial Large states that it will fit the Swarovski 15x56 HD's the size they give is 7.7(7 3/4") and that's still too small and not worth the hassle at this time. I did buy some waterproof cordura and I'm thinking of cutting the top off of my Eberlestock harness and sewing in a taller top to accommodate my Leica's and Swaro's. I'll throw up a pic if I go for it. I may look at EBAY and try and find a cheaper harness to hack up though!!

Appreciate everyone’s posts - was very helpful in selecting a harness. I got the AGC Denali in the mail today for my Maven B2’s. The construction is very sturdy. FHF harness straps appeared a bit too thin and minimalistic, and marsupial seemed a bit too onerous to accessorize.

With the AGC I quickly determined the front rangefinder pocket needed to go. The zipper is loud, if you unzip it and bend over everything falls out of it, and it is obnoxiously wide, tall, and deep. After removing it and re-sewing the seams it’s a much thinner profile.

In the left pocket I have windicator and a diaphragm call, and the right pocket I have rope, knife, tourniquet, chapstick, and tape. Interior pocket against my body is a phone charger, the top sleeve has optic cloth, optic brush, and iPhone 6s. I can also set my phone on top of the pouch to use hands free held in place by a couple rubber bands. Rangefinder will clip onto a loop near the left pocket, and my InReach Mini is on the shoulder strap. Lastly, if I ever added a pistol holster it would go on the underside.

Here is the Stone Glacier Skyline retrofit we have come up with at N2 The Wild Gear Lanyards and a photo review for those who are interested in this harness. The lid height adjustment is the velcro you see on the front of the pouch and the most unique idea on this bino harness. The entire lid is attached on both the rangefinder pouch and the bino pouch with velcro. Adjust up for larger bino's/rangefinder or down for smaller. For reference the bino's in the pouch are vortex 8x42's and the range finder is a vortex ranger so pretty standard gear. Enjoy. Any question or need more photo's let me know.

I will post the new Kuiu Pro Harness review next when I can get all the photo's done. Any questions let me know either through PM or this thread and I will try and answer the best I can.

IMG_3887.jpegIMG_3888.jpeg
IMG_3894.jpegIMG_3892.jpegIMG_3896.jpegIMG_3889.jpegIMG_3898.jpegIMG_3899.jpegIMG_3895.jpegIMG_3900.jpeg
IMG_3901.jpeg

Now the Kuiu Pro Bino Harness retrofit we have been working on at N2 The Wild Gear Lanyards.

The big plus on this harness is the chest strap system has been revamped and is much more comfortable than past Kuiu harnesses. It can also accommodate a small water bladder system. This bino harness is equipped with the accessory radio/gps pouch which uses velcro as it's primary means of connection and bino size/height adjustment is performed with foam spacers at the bottom of the bino pouch. For reference the photos are taken with 8x42 vortex bino's and a vortex Ranger range finder. Enjoy and hope these photo reviews help someone.

IMG_3902.jpeg
IMG_3904.jpeg
IMG_3912.jpegIMG_3905.jpegIMG_3906.jpegIMG_3907.jpegIMG_3908.jpegIMG_3911.jpeg
IMG_3909.jpeg

Anyone having issues with their phones/electronics using harnesses that have magnetic closure?

Anyone having issues with their phones/electronics using harnesses that have magnetic closure?
Yep, it can screw with your phone compass if you hold the phone too close to your chest. Will definitely mess up a traditional compass as well. Just need to be aware of it.

Yep, it can screw with your phone compass if you hold the phone too close to your chest. Will definitely mess up a traditional compass as well. Just need to be aware of it.
Thank you for the information. As long as the rest of the electronics work, I'd be good.

Got a new set of Leupold Bx-4 Hd 10x42s and went with the Marsupial Gear enclosed pack. Love everything about it, but the sidewall of the pack that "enclose" it, make it impossible to grab the leups out. Will be swapping for the older version that has no sidewalls and will just be careful on dusty roads.

FYI their customer service is great and quick to respond over email.

I have a set of Leica 15 X 56 in a Alaska Guide Creations. Works great! its big but all the pockets are handy
AGC makes a very robust Bino Harness for the rifle hunter "which I think is their target audience". We have had several in the shop over the years. I am a fan myself, although it's not my go to during archery season because of it's size and a few other personal preferences/quirks.

I run an Eberlestock small v1 with their a chest harness pack adapter. It fits my 8x Binos.
I have their chest harness adapter on all my packs. You can wear the rig in its own harness or unsnap the HD buckles and just snap it to any pack equipped with the adapters.

the rig itself it minimal. The V2 and their large rigs have more side pockets, MOLLE straps and such.

I don’t like to be tangled in too much harness. This solution keeps me with just pack shoulder straps and hip belt.

it can be rugged for pistol, bear spray, rangefinder, etc

I'm using the ones that came with my vortex binos. It works fine. It isnt uncomfortable at all. I bet there are alot better ones but I like mine.

Had the old Kuiu harness. Not good for easy, one-hand use since I have a tripod adapter on my 10x42 ELs. Bought the new Kuiu pro harness and it's perfect. There's a wire to fit it to the shape you need.

I had the big AGC for my 12x50 UHDs. As much as I like AGC, it was too big and bulky. I recently sold my AGCs and purchased the stone glacier harness. Loving it so far for my 10s. They are supposed to be coming out with a larger version this spring.

I had the big AGC for my 12x50 UHDs. As much as I like AGC, it was too big and bulky. I recently sold my AGCs and purchased the stone glacier harness. Loving it so far for my 10s. They are supposed to be coming out with a larger version this spring.

The smallest of the AGC bino harnesses is the KISS & it will hold a set of 12x50's (depending on the bino's). Although it is slightly bigger than an FHF or some others it will hold a set of 12x50's. If anyone wants to see a comparison in size photo between an FHF vs the AGC KISS let me know. Hopefully this will help someone make a choice if they are on the fence?

IMG_3979.jpegIMG_4008.jpegIMG_4009.jpeg

Follow up size comparison photo's of my personal bino harness (The FHF on the Right) and a clients AGC KISS harness we did a retrofit on.

IMG_4013.jpegIMG_4012.jpeg

I use the vortex glasspak that came with my 10x42 Binos. Smaller binoculars, but the case comfortably fits them and my iPhone 11 Pro Max with a heavy duty otter box case so I would think your Binos would actually fit nicely

Got a new set of Leupold Bx-4 Hd 10x42s and went with the Marsupial Gear enclosed pack. Love everything about it, but the sidewall of the pack that "enclose" it, make it impossible to grab the leups out. Will be swapping for the older version that has no sidewalls and will just be careful on dusty roads.

FYI their customer service is great and quick to respond over email.
I’ve wondered about this but haven’t heard the complaint from other reviews I’ve looked at. Do you think it was specific to your bino or would it have been an issue with any bino?

Did you have to pay return shipping?

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back