What Bino harness are you running

roberte65

I’ve wondered about this but haven’t heard the complaint from other reviews I’ve looked at. Do you think it was specific to your bino or would it have been an issue with any bino?

Did you have to pay return shipping?
The walls on the enclosed pack come up all the way to the top, you will have to reach down with your fingers and pinch the binos out. In the harness, the "body" of my BX4s had very little surface area available to grasp. Thus, i had to use only my index finger and thumb, or just grab the eye piece and risk damage from frequently doing it. If your binos have a larger body, you can likely get a much better grasp. I will say, i was able to play around and get them out one-handed fairly easily after practice, though it was a lot of motion sound that i didn't like. It would certainly be extra difficult with any sort of glove on. Hoping the non-enclosed pack will allow me to grip them from the side.

I did have to pay return shipping AND shipping for the new case.... Though, funny enough, they mistakenly sent me another enclosed pack as the replacement so they are now fixing it at no shipping cost to me. Not the end of the world and they've been nice to me, but they've had my money for over a month and i still don't have the proper pack...

footingit

The walls on the enclosed pack come up all the way to the top, you will have to reach down with your fingers and pinch the binos out. In the harness, the "body" of my BX4s had very little surface area available to grasp. Thus, i had to use only my index finger and thumb, or just grab the eye piece and risk damage from frequently doing it. If your binos have a larger body, you can likely get a much better grasp. I will say, i was able to play around and get them out one-handed fairly easily after practice, though it was a lot of motion sound that i didn't like. It would certainly be extra difficult with any sort of glove on. Hoping the non-enclosed pack will allow me to grip them from the side.

I did have to pay return shipping AND shipping for the new case.... Though, funny enough, they mistakenly sent me another enclosed pack as the replacement so they are now fixing it at no shipping cost to me. Not the end of the world and they've been nice to me, but they've had my money for over a month and i still don't have the proper pack...
Makes sense. I feel like that might bug me, but I also like some of the other features of the enclosed pack (padded straps, better modularity, better side pockets). I guess if I’m going in and out a lot, I could just keep the binos hanging by the tethers outside of the harness. Decisions, decisions...

ntodwild

Makes sense. I feel like that might bug me, but I also like some of the other features of the enclosed pack (padded straps, better modularity, better side pockets). I guess if I’m going in and out a lot, I could just keep the binos hanging by the tethers outside of the harness. Decisions, decisions...
We can post an image review of the Marsupial original harness if you would like. We have a few in the shop that we have retrofit so it wouldn't be that hard to do a photo shoot of them in order to give you a good idea of what the older marsupial operates and looks like?

If you are interested let me know and we can surely do a little photo session much like the photo reviews we posted on this thread on the new SG and the Kuiu. I can tell you that it is easier to extract the bino's from the older marsupial models. We have done retrofits on some of the new ones for local customers.

footingit

We can post an image review of the Marsupial original harness if you would like. We have a few in the shop that we have retrofit so it wouldn't be that hard to do a photo shoot of them in order to give you a good idea of what the older marsupial operates and looks like?

If you are interested let me know and we can surely do a little photo session much like the photo reviews we posted on this thread on the new SG and the Kuiu. I can tell you that it is easier to extract the bino's from the older marsupial models. We have done retrofits on some of the new ones for local customers.
Thanks for the offer, but I’ve seen enough comparison videos/photos already. I think it’s just something I need to get in hand and feel it.

roberte65

Here’s a couple of pics showing the difference.

Attachments

• A26BA8CD-B720-4722-9926-E28D01865969.jpeg
    A26BA8CD-B720-4722-9926-E28D01865969.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 5
  • BF0E8D9B-CE77-4FBB-8BF7-48418712B0F4.jpeg
    BF0E8D9B-CE77-4FBB-8BF7-48418712B0F4.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 5

Zak

I've tried AGC and Marsupial, haven't been happy with either one. AGC is very bulky, and Marsupial's magnets mess up my compass. Still looking for the right one, I may try FHF or SG for my next harness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Montana Lori