What Bino harness are you running

Thumbs up for AGC Denali. Extremely comfortable harness and many accessories available.

I have the new sitka harness, I run 12x50 and while the bino fit is a tad snug I love it. But 15x56 won't fit

I bought Sitka's larger pouch for my larger Maven binos. At the time, there were very few pouches that would fit these un-usually heavy and large 11x binos.

I do not recommend the Sitka pouch.
I had to sew on hangers near the top of the shoulders (where the anchor point should be!) instead of the little elastic bands they had. You can see the hangers I added in the pics as the black 10mm webbing.
Also, I am not a fan of the double zipper. Too noisy and needs to be pulled in the right way.
Also, I dont really like the top that flips forward. It overlaps between the pouch and my chest and so I have to reach down between the two to open and close it (magnetic latch).

That said, its a very light weight pouch. Less protection, but less weight. Also its quite comfortable with the wide straps helping to distribute the weight of the binoculars on my shoulders.
Also the forward folding lid has a second magnet on the bottom to keep it open and use as an open top pouch.
Also, when zipped shut is is quite secure. I had a different harness that had only magnetic, no mechanical latch, and when bending down, and close to the ground, my other binos fell out and scratched the lens.

I took some pics for you.Resized_20210101_114749.jpegResized_20210101_114755.jpegResized_20210101_114803.jpeg

I have now used my FHF harness a bunch, and love it. Very easy to quietly "draw" your binos, and after a couple of tries, you can just as easily "re-holster" them without looking. Very comfortable to wear all day, and seems to be extremely durable.

A couple of the guys I hunted with had badlands harnesses. They seemed nice. Open away from you and were magnetic, so very quick/quiet. They seemed a little large for me, but that could have been due to the binos those guys had?

For my standard field binos, I use the Alps OutdoorZ. I was biased in the purchase to support RMEF, but it turned out to be a great little harness.
Very similar to the FHF rigs. Its small and well built. Closes with a simple but quite and positive latch.
Hangers are properly anchored at the shoulder to allow the binos to sit in front of the pouch instead of below it when dangling. I use them in this mode quite a bit.
Side pockets are a bit too small, even for a bottle of wind indicator.Resized_20210102_082137.jpegResized_20210102_082453.jpeg

Last edited:
I have the Mystery Ranch Quick Draw (small) and it does everything that it needs to do. My Leupold 10x42 BX5s fit a little snug but fit. This might be a general bino harness issue but mine tends to get really hot. I'm not sure if someone has one that breathes better.

I did some reading on pouch style harnesses, because I've rocked just the Cabelas style harnesses for years on my Leica 15x56 Geovids and 15x56 Swarovski SLC's. I ended up buying the large Eberlestock harness and just received it. So my Leica's don't fit, they are too tall and the Swaro's go in but the top doesn't close nicely. Now I just tried them without putting the harness on, but will do so in the next day or two and see if the Swaro's fit better, but the Leica's need something that's taller. This is not a bash on Eberlestock as I have some of their other gear and love it, just letting you guys know my experience.

I did some reading on pouch style harnesses, because I've rocked just the Cabelas style harnesses for years on my Leica 15x56 Geovids and 15x56 Swarovski SLC's. I ended up buying the large Eberlestock harness and just received it. So my Leica's don't fit, they are too tall and the Swaro's go in but the top doesn't close nicely. Now I just tried them without putting the harness on, but will do so in the next day or two and see if the Swaro's fit better, but the Leica's need something that's taller. This is not a bash on Eberlestock as I have some of their other gear and love it, just letting you guys know my experience.
Maybe check out the new Stone Glacier's?? Also, Kuiu came out with a new harness. We are in the process of building custom lanyards for these two harnesses and they should be out by March.

I run the Alaska Guide Creations bino harness and I definitely like them! My vortex 12 x 50's fit nicely! It also wears very comfortable.

Kuiu harness is sleek/low profile but has a big draw back: there is only one set of straps going to the bino. Everytime you draw your binos, the holster falls down your stomach. The time spent fishing for it and resituating it isn't worth it. Side pockets on the kuiu can fit game calls on one side, wind checker on the other, not much else.
Just got their new harness, that problem is solved with an extra set of straps only for the binos. I personally removed them but it's personal preference on that

I’m a soon to be owner of a pair of 15x56 what enclosed harness works best for guys with lager binos? Thanks
Sorry but what is your dimensions? My wife just got me the Stone Glacier Skyline Harness and it is awesome, also customizable. I can see for how tall yours are if they would ‘officially fit’.

Sorry but what is your dimensions? My wife just got me the Stone Glacier Skyline Harness and it is awesome, also customizable. I can see for how tall yours are if they would ‘officially fit’.
The Stone Glacier bino harness is a different take on the bino harness world. Much like the original Kuiu was (not comparing them at all). I am just saying that it's quite different and may be a game changer for guys who carry larger optics or just want something different. As I stated earlier we (N2 The Wild Gear Lanyards) are in the process of building custom lanyards for this new design as well as the new Kuiu harness. We currently have one of the new Kuiu's in house going through retrofit and waiting on a new Stone Glacier in order to retrofit it as well. Hopefully by next month we will have them completed.

The Stone Glacier bino harness is a different take on the bino harness world. Much like the original Kuiu was (not comparing them at all). I am just saying that it's quite different and may be a game changer for guys who carry larger optics or just want something different. As I stated earlier we (N2 The Wild Gear Lanyards) are in the process of building custom lanyards for this new design as well as the new Kuiu harness. We currently have one of the new Kuiu's in house going through retrofit and waiting on a new Stone Glacier in order to retrofit it as well. Hopefully by next month we will have them completed.
I was just responding to the OP.
I was just wondering how tall because the directions are really precise.

The Swarovski 15x56 fit if I turn the eye cups all the way in and remove the eye cup caps, but you have to work a bit to make sure the harness top closes properly and those two things suck to be honest, as I don't want to have to turn them all the out and in each time I take them out and I would like to keep the caps on there and not have to fiddle with the harness top either. The Leica 15x56 although close to the same height are a no go. So I'm back to more research with Stone Glaciers getting the first look.

Measurements with eye cups turned all the way in:

Swarovski are 8 1/4" tall with no caps---- with objective end caps only 8 5/16" tall------- with both caps 8 3/8" tall
Leica are 8 3/8" tall with no caps-------- with objective end caps only 8 1/2" tall-------- with both caps 8 5/8" tall

Measurements with eye cups turned all the way out:

Swaro's 8 1/2" tall with no caps------- with objective end caps only 8 9/16" tall---------- with both caps 8 5/8" tall
Leica's 8 11/16" tall with no caps---- with objective end caps only 8 7/8" tall----------- with both caps 8 15/16"" tall

Striking out ...Stone Glazier's aren't big enough according to the dimensions. I watched the FHF video and I can't see why their large size won't work, but maybe the top won't bend itself into shape for the larger bino's. I guess I need to make a phone call.

Back