What are your 2020 plans?

I admire some of the planning that goes on here. I don’t know wtf I’m doing this weekend. I know I’ll put in for a Wyoming type 9 tag as of right now though, if that helps.

Less for me this year but my Son will finally be old enough for big game, so more for him. for me Wy general deer, the usual Wy goat tag, try for a party limited Wy elk tag but settle for a general tag. Will probably pick up 2 goat buck tags for my Son and an extra doe/fawn deer tag.

What will you be putting in for?
Points for a few species in a few states. A buddy invited me up to Fairbanks for Caribou next year, so that’s the only hunting trip I have planned.

What else will you be hunting?
I would like to get into fishing and small game, just locally on weekends.

Other outdoor trips?
My wife and daughter and I are headed to the San Juans in Colorado to celebrate our 5 year anniversary - this is where we eloped.

Of course, it’s looking like work might be sending my out of the country for a portion of next year, so all of this may change. Life is good either way.

Last edited:
Reactions: LCH
What will you be putting in for?
WY elk PP
KY Elk
PA Elk
IA Deer PP

What else will you be hunting?
AZ Mule Deer in Jan.
NC- Turkey, deer, bear, squirrels, grouse, quail, etc...
ID- Elk, maybe a deer.... def grouse

Other outdoor trips?
Wife completed a Outward Bound course and has figured out part of the allure for me to get out and amongst it, so, we will be going on quite a few backpacking trips and hikes through the spring and summer. Fishing all over the SE where ever I can.

If I draw an Emperor tag I'll go to Cold Bay, if not then Cape Cod for waterfowl in Dec.
If I draw a Gould's tag I'll do that in AZ in May, and Axis Deer in Hawaii in Feb. If I don't draw the Gould's tag I'll do the Axis in May.

Might do archery bear in the Sierras before it gets banned like the bobcats and mountain lions.

View attachment 117254
What are you hunting on Cape Cod Breck? Sea ducks?

If my wife tells me she is pregnant in the next 3 weeks

MT-Spring Bear
IL-Deer -Bow/Shotgun
MO-Deer -Rifle

If I find shes not pregnant in the next 3 weeks

Apply for

NM-Elk
AZ-Elk

If those are not successful
CO-OTC 3rd season Rifle Elk

IL-Deer -Bow/Shotgun
MO-Deer -Rifle
WI- Deer -Rifle

Attachments

• STC_0384.JPG
    STC_0384.JPG
    461.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
My plan is to go back to the gila with a rifle tag. Good thing I am good at changing plans on the go haha. I'll be sticking with my same routine; NM, AZ, WY, and MT elk. Likely not enough points to get what I want just yet. So playing the random gain for a few more years.

Applying for Elk in Wyoming,Arizona, New Mexico, Deer and Pronghorn in Wyoming, New Mexico and Colorado. Hunting Elk OVC in Colorado if i don't draw anywhere, whitetail in Ohio and NC, duck hunt in Ohio and maybe Sitka deer in Maryland. Throw in turkey hunting in Ohio and NC.

driven hunting in Europe first then hopefully chasing a black bear as well as red deer and roe deer, can't wait to get back over,regards wayne

My tentative plans:
Montana-everything
Wyoming-Antelope (have 4 pts)

But it will be my oldest son's first year hunting so planning to get him out as much as possible including Idaho turkey, and all an apprentice can hunt in MT.

My 2020 plans are New Zealand for the roar in April, antelope or caribou August, and waiting on an young “old man” in New Zealand to sort things out. Maybe Colorado elk in October. Practicing for retirement!

My plans are again in a state of flux
August Alaska for Caribou
Sept an elk tag someplace
October ?
November Kansas for whitetails
Jan Mountain Loin

My 2020 plans are New Zealand for the roar in April, antelope or caribou August, and waiting on an young “old man” in New Zealand to sort things out. Maybe Colorado elk in October. Practicing for retirement!
april,,may n june equals reds sika chamois n tahr and of course not forgetting helping nz out with wallabies,,thats in your retirement yrs

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back