What are you guys paying for gas?

I Don't look at the price ,i just fill up.pay and leave can't take it with me when im dead might as well enjoy it while im alive.. money and what chit cost never has been or ever will be a concern , i don't plan. My activities around what it's going to cost.
lifes to short tfo worry about chit you can't control...

"Incredible transition"...enjoy folks
I saw that too. There are so many problems.

Basically he wants us to become dependent on electric cars.

Cars which we can't charge with renewable and which cost more than an ICE engine.

I looked at a Rivian for shits and giggles the other day.

In theory I could make it work most of the time with local hunting trips I typically do and the longest I typically drive is 300 miles to a big city.

For $100k!

I'm out.

Problem is at some point if fuel hits $6 a gallon, with the 1500 miles we drove each month, that's nearly as much as my mortgage. 😞

The people making these decisions for us have absolutely zero idea of what the "normal" folks have to deal with. When was the last time Biden or Pelosi actually put gas in a vehicle? Went to the store and bought groceries? Buy electric so we reduce our use, they say. Can't afford one! Can't charge one when or where we would have to, let alone pay for the higher power bill which will only get higher with power companies having to expand capacity for increased demand.

I could see it being developed more EVENTUALLY, but pushing it this hard right now is way too soon. You have to walk before you run.

The people making these decisions for us have absolutely zero idea of what the "normal" folks have to deal with. When was the last time Biden or Pelosi actually put gas in a vehicle? Went to the store and bought groceries? Buy electric so we reduce our use, they say. Can't afford one! Can't charge one when or where we would have to, let alone pay for the higher power bill which will only get higher with power companies having to expand capacity for increased demand.

I could see it being developed more EVENTUALLY, but pushing it this hard right now is way too soon. You have to walk before you run.
Not only will power bills get higher but there are already proposals in my state to put a tax/fee for electric car owners to cover the loss in revenue from these drivers no longer paying fuel taxes. Between the cost of electricity and future taxes and fees, and the high initial cost of a new electric vehicle the savings aren't as great as one would think. It would take many many years to see any savings over driving a traditional fueled vehicle.

My wife has been making a few reservations for rv parks and NF campgrounds for our upcoming trip Reno then to Elko NV for the Basque festival in July.
Then up to Nampa where my one of my brothers and his family live.
Then Grants Pass to explore the area where our niece nd her husband live.
Then up to Pendleton for the Pendleton Round up.
Then who knows where...we'll be taking our new 5th wheel so fuel prices be damned. :)

Not only will power bills get higher but there are already proposals in my state to put a tax/fee for electric car owners to cover the loss in revenue from these drivers no longer paying fuel taxes. Between the cost of electricity and future taxes and fees, and the high initial cost of a new electric vehicle the savings aren't as great as one would think. It would take many many years to see any savings over driving a traditional fueled vehicle.
Yep! PA is looking at taxing miles driven each year.

put $75 in my compact SUV this morning at $4.50 gallon. Glad i only have to drive into work 1 day a week.

30 miles to town so I don't go much because of gas price. Had to go in yesterday and got gas, $4.99 gal for reg. Diesel is well over $5 gal now. Biggest raise in S.S. this year and doesn't even come close to covering the rise in inflation!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back