Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

What are you guys paying for gas?

Diesel was down 5 cents a gallon this morning when I drove to the gym. That put it at $4.749/gallon.

Just filled up. Regular unleaded was $3.99/gal. With diesel at $5.04/gal I'm glad I got rid of the Duramax.

@wllm1313

Any efficacy to Pres Biden imploring gas prices to follow oil? Optics?
Efficacy to his approval ratings = Maybe
Efficacy to you and I = None

Here's my 2 cents, if the president has a significant effect on supply or demand, then they did something.

Significant: Embargo/Sanctions/Lift Sanctions on a producer or producing country. Shutting down permits (not well permits, but actual construction permits, on a wide scale), Lockdowns, shutting down transportation or usage
Not Significant: Talking, Adding or Removing fed leases (mostly)

For both of these the time frame IMHO is measured in months and years not weeks. I think for the most part we don't see the effects of one presidents polices until the next president.

Economists can, to some extent forecast near term trends, presidents are going to jump on the band wagon of whatever will help them with approval. If the metrics of the pump seem to be going going a president will get out in front of that so they can claim it. If it looks bad, they will point out "who's" to blame and try to get credit that way.

Last bit, do we judge a president based on what happened under their watch or do we take into account the fact that the opposition party did everything they could to make them look bad. I'm kinda ok with either as I can see arguments for both, but I think you have to be consistent. Since ~Clinton both parties have been doing there best to just make sure the other party fails no matter what so lots of blame to go around.

Efficacy to his approval ratings = Maybe
Efficacy to you and I = None

Here's my 2 cents, if the president has a significant effect on supply or demand, then they did something.

Significant: Embargo/Sanctions/Lift Sanctions on a producer or producing country. Shutting down permits (not well permits, but actual construction permits, on a wide scale), Lockdowns, shutting down transportation or usage
Not Significant: Talking, Adding or Removing fed leases (mostly)

For both of these the time frame IMHO is measured in months and years not weeks. I think for the most part we don't see the effects of one presidents polices until the next president.

Economists can, to some extent forecast near term trends, presidents are going to jump on the band wagon of whatever will help them with approval. If the metrics of the pump seem to be going going a president will get out in front of that so they can claim it. If it looks bad, they will point out "who's" to blame and try to get credit that way.

Last bit, do we judge a president based on what happened under their watch or do we take into account the fact that the opposition party did everything they could to make them look bad. I'm kinda ok with either as I can see arguments for both, but I think you have to be consistent. Since ~Clinton both parties have been doing there best to just make sure the other party fails no matter what so lots of blame to go around.
Think we're on the every other 4 year press blame game plan...

No, just a stupid one. Wouldnā€™t expect anything less! Corporations:bad government:good.

Why take any blame when you can demonize someone else?

There is a bit of irony here.

Looks like the polar opposite from here.

So the price of crude oil per barrel on 3/8 closed at $123.70 and the price closed yesterday at $102.98. We keep being told that the price of crude oil has no impact on the price at the pump.
I guess it only works one way because the pump price always goes up instantly when the price of crude oil goes up but the price of crude oil has come down over $20 per barrel and still the prices are rising.
It is simple price gouging and greed by the oil companies. :mad:

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back