NEW SITKA Ambient 75

What are you guys paying for gas?

All the economic sensitivities we been working on have been using $65/$75/$85 (low/middle/high)
I pulled this paragraph from another Oilprice.com article. Estimates and wishful thinking is higher than the conservative estimates your company is using @wllm1313 . Could be a good bonus for you this year.🙂

"Ironically, with President Joe Biden calling out energy companies over prices at the pump, oil in a steady range of $95 to $100/barrel could benefit energy companies overall by limiting attempts to tax windfall profits while also limiting demand destruction. Indeed, a stable price in the low $100s is the best possible outcome for the US energy industry which has optimized tremendously in the past decade, pulling breakeven prices to the low $40s according to some estimates. In a Mar. 11 note, Bank of America reiterated its overweight on the sector, citing inflation-protected yield, near-record low valuations, improving profile with ESG investors and energy companies’ prioritization of capital discipline above production as reasons to stay long."

I pulled this paragraph from another Oilprice.com article. Estimates and wishful thinking is higher than the conservative estimates your company is using @wllm1313 . Could be a good bonus for you this year.🙂

"Ironically, with President Joe Biden calling out energy companies over prices at the pump, oil in a steady range of $95 to $100/barrel could benefit energy companies overall by limiting attempts to tax windfall profits while also limiting demand destruction. Indeed, a stable price in the low $100s is the best possible outcome for the US energy industry which has optimized tremendously in the past decade, pulling breakeven prices to the low $40s according to some estimates. In a Mar. 11 note, Bank of America reiterated its overweight on the sector, citing inflation-protected yield, near-record low valuations, improving profile with ESG investors and energy companies’ prioritization of capital discipline above production as reasons to stay long."
I think part of the problem is that if oil goes too high or too low the correction is wild in the other direction. $150 leads to a bunch of factors that then lead to $30... hard to get commodity prices in that sweet spot.

Or generally for people to accept that $3.50 gas is probably where we should be... no matter what side of the aisle your on.

Gas is actually going down here now. In Junction City it was up to 3.97 and it went down to 3.69 over the weekend.

I watched the Beverly Hillbillies growing up. Oil business is lucrative.
Funny story I was having lunch with a couple of folks last year, couple CEOs in there 60s and then a couple of folks my age, and after one of us made a comment about prices said... "huh, I guess none of you have actually worked in the industry when it was good..."

We all basically got jobs in 2012-13' when it was ok then everything went to hell in 14' then stabilized a bit then really died in 20'... so yes that is absolutely my bias, a bias towards bear markets, but it's also the reality of the last decade.

Funny story I was having lunch with a couple of folks last year, couple CEOs in there 60s and then a couple of folks my age, and after one of us made a comment about prices said... "huh, I guess none of you have actually worked in the industry when it was good..."

We all basically got jobs in 2012-13' when it was ok then everything went to hell in 14' then stabilized a bit then really died in 20'... so yes that is absolutely my bias, a bias towards bear markets, but it's also the reality of the last decade.
Investors in your industry are bullish today. Take your wife out to a nice restaurant tonight.🙂

Screenshot_20220321-124822_Google.jpg

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chamoy
Back