Weaponizing sound and light over private land air space.

At one point my brother thought it would be funny to sign me up for every kind of spam emails and phone calls he could think of. That was years ago and I still get regular calls and emails looking for him.

Another thing you could do if you just want to annoy the old coot is to post some kind of an add for something free at his address and say knock on the front door. Saw an ad on craigslist a while back that made me laugh. A guy said he had just bought a half of a pig from a local farmer. Had a huge amount of bacon, sausage, and other pork products. His girlfriend had moved in and she was a vegetatian and didnt want it in the house, so he decided to give it away to the first person to come and get it. I am almost 100% certain that some guy did that to his buddy just to get 100 people to knock on his door. :ROFLMAO: If not, man I missed out!

Could you get away with switching them off? Covering the solar panel with something to lose charge?

How much would he enjoy those going off constantly all night long until the batteries died, multiple nights in a row? Sometime when your family was away for a few days. One pass w a drone should do it, repeat as necessary.
That’s what has happening to us. Wife says not to get into a one up game although I have ideas after the conversation with the lawyer

If it affects what you do because the alarm is activated by you on your own land, then I would say that is definitely impinging on your rights. A solid fence ON THE PROPERTY line would prevent that motion sensor from working.

Otherwise those red lights would be great targets for a silenced subsonic .22 lr

If it affects what you do because the alarm is activated by you on your own land, then I would say that is definitely impinging on your rights. A solid fence ON THE PROPERTY line would prevent that motion sensor from working.

Otherwise those red lights would be great targets for a silenced subsonic .22 lr
I can’t do a fence unless I am willing to loose 3-4’ of property. The line is an old hedge row with the trees planted right down the line 5-6’ apart in spots. They are shared 50/50 and I cannot cut them down. So I would have to forgo enough to not make it worth it.

Honestly, cleaning. Everything up and removing the berm so it’s just those few trees would be the most annoying to him.

Use the trees as fence posts. Trim YOUR side as needed and nail up some plywood or whatever to create a border fence.

I’ve made it very clear to my family that this is not our forever home. Unfortunately, we love the school district and my kids have become friends with the other neighbors so until they are done with school, we have decided to stay.
I’d be finding another home in that district ASAP and taking as much loss as I could afford in selling the home.

My response would have been different when I was single and didn’t have children. It also would have been less appropriate. I guess I’m slightly more mature.

Last edited:
I’d be finding another home in that district ASAP and taking as much loss as I could afford in selling the home.

My response would have been different when I was single and didn’t have children. It also would have been less appropriate. I guess I’m slightly more mature.
That is not in the cards for us. I have things in the works and they need time to play out. The alarms seem to been disconnected this past week. I am sure they will be restored but for now there is peace.

Back