Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Weaponizing sound and light over private land air space.

Addicting

FYSA, it is possible in some locations to use sound and flashing red lights as a weapon.

My neighbor from hell has decided to put motion/heat sensors feet off the property line facing my property. I have come to find that if you call them rodent alarms there is nothing any law enforcement officer can do to prevent him from deploying them 24/7.

I cannot use the 20’ of my property his sensors now occupy. Without a torrid of sound embracing us, to include permeating into our house. So every deer, raccoon, squirrel, even just sunshine set them off. Best part is they do nothing to stop why he states he has to have them on. The animals walk freely on his property behind the sensors as they only face my property. They are mounted 5’ high and within 3’ of the line.

My only recourse is hire a civil attorney and seek a temporary stop order. I can sue him for violating my private property rights. Or I can work with the township to get a noise ordinance. None of which stop the immediate problem of when one malfunctions and goes off 24/7.

Take a look at your ordnances and see if there is a recourse for you if someone set up on your property line and did the same.

Take it from me, this isn’t pleasant.

I have never heard of such a thing. If in talking to him he won't relent, well, that's a bad neighbor. I'll leave it to the experts in law here on what to do, but I might recommend a vacation, and while you're gone, a garden flower windmill on the back 20ft of your property line. You'd think the noise would bother him too. Sorry you are dealing with it. So many folks don't value the virtue, and it is a virtue, of being a good neighbor.

Listen if some jackwagon can sue the county over a volunteer fire department building that has a different color roof than wall color because it wasn't in the building permit, then you sir have a great case. If ever there was a clear noise nuisance case it is yours.

Have you tried having a beer with the guy and trying to sort out the issue? Seems like he's pissed about something, clearly the dude is in the wrong but the easier and cheaper option is probably trying to help him with whatever grievances he has... just saying.

Have you tried having a beer with the guy and trying to sort out the issue? Seems like he's pissed about something, clearly the dude is in the wrong but the easier and cheaper option is probably trying to help him with whatever grievances he has... just saying.

huh? no, in america passive aggressiveness is best solved with counter passive aggressiveness.

Glad I live in town. I have enforced the noise bylaw several times. Mostly someone trying to push the envelope.

Neighbor like that is inviting a war he cannot win. Actually, everyone likely loses. But if it includes him then something has been accomplished. Where did this prick come from? New Jersey or California?

When I bought my house, at closing, the seller made the statement I love this house, I wish I could take it with me.

Oh, well where are you moving to?

I don’t know, I just can’t stay here any longer.

That was my first clue.

My second was arriving home and putting that statement with the 15’ earth berm half way down the property line she had constructed. It no longer appeared as a left over spoil pile.

They had a fued and I inherited it. He is bat shit crazy and no amount of communication from me will change it. I’ve tried, when he shot at my dog and sat on the property line videotaping himself yelling at me, I quit trying.

I thought it was meth but he truly is paranoid bat shit crazy.

You can try the lawyer route but I bet you'll spend a bunch with little resolution.

Id go all Ninja in the middle of the night on some cables like burrowing squirrels. Making the lights go off is easy. A BB gun you dont own.

This is after you have faithfully tried to talk to him.

When I bought my house, at closing, the seller made the statement I love this house, I wish I could take it with me.

Oh, well where are you moving to?

I don’t know, I just can’t stay here any longer.

That was my first clue.

My second was arriving home and putting that statement with the 15’ earth berm half way down the property line she had constructed. It no longer appeared as a left over spoil pile.

They had a fued and I inherited it. He is bat shit crazy and no amount of communication from me will change it. I’ve tried, when he shot at my dog and sat on the property line videotaping himself yelling at me, I quit trying.

I thought it was meth but he truly is paranoid bat shit crazy.
No way to convince him that 'they' are after you both and that you need to work together against 'them'

I dk, really feel for you, sounds like an absolutely wing nut, but it's just kinda impossible to beat crazy.

1st step is figuring out what exactly sets the guy off. People like that always have a specific group of things that pisses them off, or they are trying to be some sort of Authority figure. (Those are my favorite) .

2. Slowly build up the thing that drives him nuts. Don’t go all out at first because there’s a chance that he’ll decide that you are a worthy foe and surrender his efforts.

I don’t know the guy but I think some solar floodlights aimed right at his bedroom would be a good start.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back