We need to have a talk.

• Thread starter Deleted member 28227
  • Start date
I don't know man, my grandfather couldn't put a proper sentence together and used the words black and "n****" interchangeably.

But yeah, bashing the generation that was raised by yours or the one you've raised, so edgy!!!
My grandfathers and both parents were working folks with only high school education (actually, I'm not sure if Mom's dad finished high school). They might not write with perfect grammar but they certainly didn't write gibberish. They made an effort to express themselves well because they felt it was a reflection on them if they didn't. They didn't want to appear stupid or lazy. Today's generation is exactly the opposite. Articulation is not fashionable.

You imply I'm somehow to blame for my daughter's inability to articulate clearly. Really? Do you see me loading up my posts with cryptic acronyms or incomplete sentences? Do you think I communicate with her any differently? Parental example means nothing compared to peer pressure. Sadly, I am certain at some point later in life she'll very much regret her inability to articulate. Maybe when she's writing to her grandkids. Then it'll be too late.

My daughter's emails and texts are painful to read. Really painful. I would like to help but seems few young folks today are interested in expressing themselves sensibly (as in making any sense). Eloquence in articulation is actually an undesirable trait. Seems the present generation's primary mode of self expression is letting some tattoo artist do it for them.
My generation...
1626795298959.png

You imply I'm somehow to blame for my daughter's inability to articulate clearly. Really? Do you see me loading up my posts with cryptic acronyms or incomplete sentences? Do you think I communicate with her any differently? Parental example means nothing compared to peer pressure. Sadly, I am certain at some point later in life she'll very much regret her inability to articulate. Maybe when she's writing to her grandkids. Then it'll be too late.

My lazy millennial ass is generalizing the same way you are. It must be all that tattoo ink going to my brain.

My grandfathers and both parents were working folks with only high school education (actually, I'm not sure if Mom's dad finished high school). They might not write with perfect grammar but they certainly didn't write gibberish. They made an effort to express themselves well because they felt it was a reflection on them if they didn't. They didn't want to appear stupid or lazy. Today's generation is exactly the opposite. Articulation is not fashionable.

Give it til she’s mid twenty’s…? I pulled my head outta my ass about 25 and was told it’s usually a little younger for ladies. Also, do you believe she knows how, but simply chooses not to- to fit in and be “fashionable”? Or do you believe at the rate it’s going, there is no hope of her comprehending sophisticated writings or speaking intellectually at adulthood? How old is the young lady?

Give it til she’s mid twenty’s…? I pulled my head outta my ass about 25 and was told it’s usually a little younger for ladies. Also, do you believe she knows how, but simply chooses not to- to fit in and be “fashionable”? Or do you believe at the rate it’s going, there is no hope of her comprehending sophisticated writings or speaking intellectually at adulthood? How old is the young lady?
She'll be thirty this fall. It's probably a lot of both poor education and peer pressure. I think she is trying a bit now that she's in business for herself as taxidermist but not sure she realizes the importance. I try to help but she is overly sensitive and looks on it as criticism from her brainy father looking down his nose. My dad was careful to not be interfering and I've followed his example. It worked for him and me but maybe not so much for me and my daughter. Maybe more intervention was needed rather than just living an example. What if is immaterial. Is what it is.

Last edited:
Back