Utah Hunt expo -SMH

Id l
Just think if a normal person had killed it you might have seen a picture or two but because a Utard with a rat tail did we get to enjoy it constantly. What a wonderful time to be alive!
I'd like e to sneak in a cordless sazall, and cut the fire off that bull. I'd wear it around my neck like cutoff ears from battle. It would be my most coveted trophy.

OK, gonna toss a grenade...

What's wrong with camo? Maybe because I live in Utah, not the holiest of holies (Montana), but I wear camouflage whenever I damn well feel like it. I've seen women and men in NY City, Chicago and L.A. wear camouflage. They were definitely not hunters. Who f*%#ing cares? Why is this something to bitch about? Also, if you don't live here in Northern Utah you may not know, but a hell of a lot of people are ranchers or horsemen/women and wearing a cowboy hat is all they've ever done. It's a free country.

Does it make you feel like a superior hunter if you only wear blue jeans and a ball cap when not on the mountain? Do you somehow feel more "pure" if you don't wear camouflage in your daily life? If so, ask yourself; why?

This feels like junior high. "That person doesn't look/dress/act like me so we will make fun of them." Stop judging a book by its cover and judge people by their actions. Those "Flat-brimmed, Kuiu bros." might be the greatest guys on the planet and they might save your ass on a mountain some day. You never know.

Also, the "Utard" comment was absolutely uncalled for. If you've ever uttered or printed that word about someone, then you're an asshole.

What's wrong with camo? Maybe because I live in Utah, not the holiest of holies (Montana), but I wear camouflage whenever I damn well feel like it. I've seen women and men in NY City, Chicago and L.A. wear camouflage. They were definitely not hunters. Who f*%#ing cares? Why is this something to bitch about? Also, if you don't live here in Northern Utah you may not know, but a hell of a lot of people are ranchers or horsemen/women and wearing a cowboy hat is all they've ever done. It's a free country.

Does it make you feel like a superior hunter if you only wear blue jeans and a ball cap when not on the mountain? Do you somehow feel more "pure" if you don't wear camouflage in your daily life? If so, ask yourself; why?

This feels like junior high. "That person doesn't look/dress/act like me so we will make fun of them." Stop judging a book by its cover and judge people by their actions. Those "Flat-brimmed, Kuiu bros." might be the greatest guys on the planet and they might save your ass on a mountain some day. You never know.

Also, the "Utard" comment was absolutely uncalled for. If you've ever uttered or printed that word about someone, then you're an asshole.
I think you might be missing the point… I live in SLC. I love KUIU gear.

…but I wear it when I’m hunting. Not walking around downtown SLC to go to a hunt expo.

No need wear tons of camo to try and hide from any animals walking around the expo, they’re already mounted and on display. 😉😂

Welcome to the off season

I think you might be missing the point… I live in SLC. I love KUIU gear.

…but I wear it when I’m hunting. Not walking around downtown SLC to go to a hunt expo.

No need wear tons of camo to try and hide from any animals walking around the expo, they’re already mounted and on display. 😉😂
That's great for you. It's your opinion, and I couldn't care less what you wear wherever you are.

I'm not missing the point. I'm making a point.

Most of the posts in this thread are making fun of people wearing camouflage when not hunting. You're trying to make light of it, but honestly, why are we engaging in this behavior?

Is there a hunters commandment somewhere I'm not aware of that says,
"Thou shalt not wear camouflage except when hunting on the mountain."

or

"Thou shalt not wear a cowboy hat to a hunting expo."

We, as hunters, have enough outside groups trying to bring us down. We don't need to turn on each other, especially if it's about something so superficial as what you wear in your daily life.

Recognize the expo for what it is. An extremely vibrant and diverse group of hunters that are excited about hunting and our way of life.

The most successful hunter I personally know wears blue jeans and Walmart camouflage when hunting. BUT, he gets a nice buck EVERY YEAR. I've learned from him and he has made me successful. (That's one of his horses hauling my elk off the mountain in my profile pic.)

Do you want to talk shit about flat-brimmed hat guys? I'm not with you. If you try to bring someone in the hunting community down because of what they look like, then shame on you.

If someone wants to get into hunting but doesn't dress like you? So what. Shake their hand, welcome them and be grateful that someone wants to join the hunting community instead of extinguish it.

My wife’s cousin thinks it’s funnier than hell when I call him a Utard.
We all know that what you can say to a close friend or relative is not always what we can say to a stranger. Right?

I call my best friend an asshole sometimes, but if I call a stranger an asshole, I just might get a fist in my face.

There is a difference.

This just hit my twitter feed and made me laugh. Is Twitter monitoring my social media activity? Yeah, most likely. :LOL:

As a part time resident of UT, I find the jokes and stereotypes funny. I also like Polygamy Porter.

Bottom line is any states who elect people like this to political office deserve all the teasing they get. CO, GA, FL, TX, PA, NC, SC, NY, IL, CA, WA - take note.5D77C739-F66D-43BE-B13A-C0BD19B73025.png

When we can no longer laugh at ourselves, we have devolved beyond redemption.

Last edited:
Maybe the dress garb is just a commonality for the group of pretentious hunters who are
commercializing the hell out of hunting. If Matt needs company at his table, I’ll join.

I’m tired of “hunters”who have an impressive social media following but couldn’t even begin to tell you what the public trust doctrine is, or the history of the PR tax, or the origin of public lands and why it matters, or the value of conservation easements and migration corridors.

What is a successful hunter anyway?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back