Utah Hunt expo -SMH

mxracer317

Went to the Utah hunt expo today. First hunt expo ever so maybe this is common practice…

… but, WTF is up with people wearing camo to events like that?

“Hey I’m gonna wear my hunting camo to an event in downtown SLC just so people know I’ll hunt”

-Yeah guy, we all do. That’s why we’re at a HUNT expo. Haha

No wonder people think differently of hunters.

🤦‍♂️

Wife and I are headed down. She got her hair bleached and a size too small pair of jeweled jeans. I got some new lizard skin boots, skinny jeans, and a new stetson. I think were good.
She’ll fit in great. 🤪

Wife and I are headed down. She got her hair bleached and a size too small pair of jeweled jeans. I got some new lizard skin boots, skinny jeans, and a new stetson. I think were good.
You forgot your Kuiu vest.
No one will take you seriously without it.

They literally wear their Kenetreks and a loaded Mystery Ranch to walk around a show floor 😂

I've never been able to figure out what they keep in their packs to make it so full. I'm guessing shredded newspaper? 🤷

To be fair, I was at SCI a few weeks ago and it was just as bad there. The paramilitary gear the guys at SHOT Show were wearing was the worst I've seen though. Who needs cargo pants tucked into combat boots at The Venetian?

Anybody wearing their camo pack too? That seems to be common at the "shows" as well. Just get decked out in their Sub Alpine head to toe with brand new never worn Kenetreks or Crispis and run around with their *insert brand* camo pack while eating their peak refuel meals.

I was there yesterday to meet with a friend that I hadn’t seen in years. I specifically chose Thursday thinking it wouldn’t be too bad since most humans work(I thought) but it was plenty busy. The people watching is second to none. I walked in the doors and made it maybe 15’ before I had to avoid 5 Kuiu bro’s drinking bud light at 11AM. The amount of Kuiu shirts and cowboy boots is impressive. I’d rather spend 3 hours in the Hushin booth than 10 minutes in “badass gear” “Muley freak” or any of the 10 different “new” camo companies there.

In full disclosure, I did put in for a couple sheep tags down there. So when you see my name on the winners list don’t be surprised! 😁

When I think of a good portion of the attendees at that show, I think of flat brimmed hats - Affliction t-shirts and bedazzled / fancy jeans. Am I being narrowed mined and completely wrong?

When I think of a good portion of the attendees at that show, I think of flat brimmed hats - Affliction t-shirts and bedazzled / fancy jeans. Am I being narrowed mined and completely wrong?
You’re 1/3. The bedazzled jeans is spot on. Most hats are cowboy hats and shirts are Kuiu. I’m not kidding, I’d guess that 40% of the people I seen were wearing camo shirts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st BDX Scope
Back