PEAX Equipment

UT 2010 count down!!!

Great job buddy. That's still a great bull and did you ever go find the tines? Packing an elk out solo sucks but I know it sucks even worse in Oak brush.

WTG Trailer Trash!!! Pat that is a Great Bull, you showed how to do it alright. Maybe if you can't find the broken tines you can replicate the tines. It really doesn't matter, great bull by any measurement. John

Making it happen solo under tough conditions trumps second guessing Pat. Way to go on the bull and more important, the hunt.

Nice job, Pat. Our weather has been brutal...record highs 3 of the last 4 days, with another one forecast today. Way to get 'er done.

Are you stuck in Utah for a week with nobody to drink beer with? If so, this might rank as the most awful experiences of your life. Don't take the top off, you have family.

I will agree it sucks you didn't get the bruiser, but that's a hell of a bull by any standards. You earned him in tough conditions. Great job!

You've obviously spent too much time in UT, and drank too much coolaid while there. Complaining about shooting a 'small' bull is something I would expect to come from the mouth of a Utard.

Be happy, sounds like an awesome hunt. Could have been a hell of a lot worse.

Last edited:
Congrats Pat! Great bull, n yes it does suck packing and hunting by urself. I feel your pain!! Congrats again and I will be in touch!

Congrats Schmalts. Great bull and even greater creativity on overcoming the logistical challenges of hunting a long way from home with a short amount of time to spend.

Awesome bull! I would love to see the BIG one. Congrats on a successful hunt and the memories of a lifetime.

That's a great looking bull!! Fin always says never pass up the first day, that which you would shoot on the last. Sometimes those LE units aren't always what you read about and taking a bull like that might of been the best thing you could of done. I like it:D

Congratulations on a fine bull Schmalts.
I would like to here the long story, and see any more photos you would care to post.

Last edited:
Without a elk rack in the moving van picture, this thread is crap and not full circle.

Nice bull.

Great bull, Schmalts. Being one who is into the unconventional tactics, I find the moving van idea to be pretty interesting.

Sounds like one hell of a hard hunt, for what most say is a slam dunk B&C hunt. Just shows that the primo LE tags are not always a sure bet.

Hope it was a good time and you will look back on it with fond memories. Thanks for the share while in the field. Wish I had been around to read it as it was happening.

Great job Pat.

Way to stick with it on a tough hunt.

That's a trophy for sure.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back