UT 2010 count down!!!

schmalts

So, 2 more weeks and the adventure begins! After a million years I drew a UT elk tag. I am prepping for the hunt as we speak. I also got a new "smart phone" that makes me feel like an idiot but if I have coverage where I hunt I may be able to do some posting as it can get on-line on the forums.
I think I may try and do a small post or two for those who always ask how I am able to fly out for hunts with all the gear. I t may help a lot of guys who never have done it and think that they need to take everything but the kitchen sink. It has taken many years but I have it down to a system. Yes with all the new airline baggage fees it is more expensive, and I hope it to be real expensive coming home:D
I am trying something new this year for a rental vehicle, I will fill you in when the time comes and show off my bitchin ride!

Good luck Pat.
You ever find someone to tag along, or are you going at it by yourself?

I am doing it solo as it stands. Don't matter, I have done solo hunts many times before. I am sure I will meet other guys out in the hills anyway. Seems every year I make a new friend on a hunting trip.

Schmalts,

I have been rooting for you to draw a killer UT tag for years! Go kill a monster. I am looking forward to the posts and pics.

Thanks for providing another vicarious adventure while I wait out the next 5 weeks for Colorado. I'm sure you'll make the most of a rare opportunity schmalts.

Good luck Schmalts - Look forward to some great pics and a good story to tell!

Schmalts,

Truth be told, I am sitting on a pile of Utah elk points and am looking forward to picking your brain after the hunt! :D

Buschy me too. pat good luck n hope you shoot the one you want. I hope to have pictures of a good bull for ya from NM. BTW, I really like the spotting scope.

Does this ride not dump two quarts of oil in my driveway.;)

Ah yes.... that rental vehicle moment will go down in history. It proves that you should never buy an ex-rental car in any circumstance! Also is amazing what I can do with 4 QTS of oil, sand paper, a can of brake clean, J-B weld putty, and a ditch as a mechanic pit :D Who the heck would put a fragile cast aluminum oil pan on a rental car in the first place? Dont they know Chevy Cavaliers are cheaper to rent than a SUV so they will serve as an off road vehicle :cool:

Finally had some help with that application filling out proccess.... eh ?
And see, I was going to let him off the hook this year. :D

Good luck schmalts. Wish I could drive over and join you. It's only 220 miles from here.

Good luck, hope all the years of rejection pay off in a big way.

Well, I am headed out Tomorrow AM. Word has it that it has been a very slow year in the unit I drew and the rifle hunters are even having a tough time filling tags on bulls they would normally pass on. The Heat?? Too many tags taking it's toll? Hard to say. Also a forest fire that has been going since July 20 has caused a lot of problems with smoke on the unit. I talked to one guy who said guys were going home after 3 days just to breath and a spotting scope was useless. The report on this fire shows no indication of it being under containment before my hunt. That sucks!
I will do my best to see what I can find down there. Maybe the crappy rifle season will be my advantage. Maybe not, we shall see.
Schmalts Out..

Well, I am headed out Tomorrow AM. Word has it that it has been a very slow year in the unit I drew and the rifle hunters are even having a tough time filling tags on bulls they would normally pass on. The Heat?? Too many tags taking it's toll? Hard to say. Also a forest fire that has been going since July 20 has caused a lot of problems with smoke on the unit. I talked to one guy who said guys were going home after 3 days just to breath and a spotting scope was useless. The report on this fire shows no indication of it being under containment before my hunt. That sucks!
I will do my best to see what I can find down there. Maybe the crappy rifle season will be my advantage. Maybe not, we shall see.
Schmalts Out..

You vag. Sounds like you're whining and making excuses before you leave home. This is the Pahvant! It's where fat lazy maroons and women with camel toes and flip-flops can kill 400 inchers. If you don't... you are a looooooseeer! :D

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flight343
Back