Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

unwritten rules of hunt talk

VAspeedgoat

It has occurred to me in my brief time on hunt talk that there are some unwritten rules. As with others I have broken many of them but have tried to learn. Here are two to start this off, please include your own rules or expand on others.

Never ever ask where to hunt, this seems to be the rule and only on rare occassions are private messages accepted.

Pictures are always appreciated.

Cushman is the man to ask for specific info on areas to hunt, especially if your new to huntalk.

It is now done !.....Cushman is always right!
If you put the time in and read previous posts you will learn a lot. From my experience people are pretty willing to get someone new to an area in the right direction, you just better have some hang time around here and be able to take some ball breaking. Be willing to share some info you might have. There are not to many people who say Im going to o NY to hunt but growing up in the city I have turned a few people on to places to go to and ones to stay away from when visiting. I also have extensive knowledge of the lower Florida Keys. My in-laws live there and I spend a good amount of time there. I have shared a lot of info with a few people here who went on vacation there. Hope that helps.....Good luck.....:cool:

Last edited:
When using a dollar in an emergency, make sure it's a paper dollar and not 3 quarters, two dimes, and a nickle like the last Texan used that I gave advice too.:D

No posting while wearing yoga pants if you're in Montana

No negative comments about Dairy Queen - could lead to instant termination

There have been many a time that I was glad I held off in replying to a thread. Either because I needed to think through the thoughts rumbling through my head, or becase i hadnt yet read through all of the thread to see if my point had already been made. Sometimes better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you a fool than to open your mouth and prove their diagnosis to be accurate.

If you live east of the Mississippi, you're an "Eastern Tenderfoot.". Or is it east of the Missouri?

Last edited:
Hunt Talkers have various opinions on issues that generate some heat (i.e. long range shots, hunting fences, drones) though I rarely observe where a Hunt Talker will personally attack someone in a junior high style of your momma wears combat boots. Heck, go to other websites and post a picture of a nicer than average animal and the poacher accusation usually arises by post #10 in the thread.

Big Fin rarely locks up a thread no matter the death spiral it encounters. He has much more patience than I would. When Big Fin is off the grid, his back up (Mrs. Fin) suffers zero childish behavior by us or otherwise questionable posts or threads. I used to like having a substitute teacher in grade school but not here. Listen to the wise words of Mr. Cash and just walk the line.

How bout declaring your exercise at anything.

One thing that is easy to figure out is who the experts are on here and its deffinately not me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back