unwritten rules of hunt talk

Seems to me this "line" is the western edge of Dakotas, NE, KS, Ok, and TX. - Or is any state that doesn't have true Mountains :)
'Na...we have the Adirondacks. Beautiful mountains but most still call us flatlanders or tenderfoots. Hard to argue the flatlanders thing when you live at at elevation of 17ft. ..........:cool:

There have been many a time that I was glad I held off in replying to a thread. Either because I needed to think through the thoughts rumbling through my head, or becase i hadnt yet read through all of the thread to see if my point had already been made. Sometimes better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you a fool than to open your mouth and prove their diagnosis to be accurate.

Right Kansasdad, a closed mouth gathers no foot.

Never pitch your tent next to Cushman. It is written. :)

There are two ways to interpret that...With Cushman being involved, I suspect both interpretations apply.

My unwritten rule...never underestimate the generosity of a fellow hunttalker. :)

There are two ways to interpret that...With Cushman being involved, I suspect both interpretations apply.

My unwritten rule...never underestimate the generosity of a fellow hunttalker. :)

Amen on both points.

On the first point: Cushman is pretty darn awesome around the campfire! His "Cushman-isms" are epic! :)

On the 2nd point - I am personally able to attest to the incredible swell of support from so many during my rehab from an atv accident. This is not simply generosity assisting w/ hunts, it is the support in tough times!

Amen to that and an ongoing incredible thank you! Every once in a while, I'll go back and read that thread - This forum meant more than one can imagine and still tugs a tear reflecting on your support.

http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?t=250356&highlight=prayers+SYTES

And this thread: http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?t=250456&highlight=prayers+SYTES&page=2

My wife posted this:
I just logged on to read Sytes (Charles) posts on this site and saw your new thread. I can't tell you how big of a smile he got from this and from the picture. His comment when I read it to him was (direct quote) "that was straight from the heart - good stuff - all hunt talk right there - thanks guys".

A big thank you from me. :)

Anyhow, you guys are awesome!

Last edited:
keep trying.

That is all the rest of us can to is try. LOL.

Thanks for the entertainment. About time for the weekly Montana political crisis isn't it? I'm sure Kat is working on the next post to get the montanians all fired up. I'll get the popcorn ready.

That is all the rest of us can to is try. LOL.

Thanks for the entertainment. About time for the weekly Montana political crisis isn't it? I'm sure Kat is working on the next post to get the montanians all fired up. I'll get the popcorn ready.

I am doing that very thing. ;) I just had to wait to get BLM and DNRC confirmation on Robbins leases before writing the article on his hypocrisy to counter his BS OpEd against our FWP funding.

If Randy says "carry on", you should probably stop typing and move on to another topic. ;)

I'm glad to see Eastern Tenderfoots know their place in this world. As well as people living in Kansas.

Eastern Tenderfoots are funny!

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back