Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Turkey Breast with Mushroom Chardonnay Reduction

Dana

Here's a great way to prepare one of your wild turkeys and if you are lucky enough to have fresh morels all the better. Obviously, being Jan. 25th I'm hosed out on the morels for tonight....

Boneless skinless turkey breast
Flour
Salt, Pepper, Garlic powder, Onion powder
Olive Oil
Mushrooms
1 T. Lemon juice
1/2 C Chardonnay
1/2 C Chicken broth
2 T Butter
Cornstarch

Slice the turkey breast into 1/2" slices across the grain. Season with the salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder. Dust with flour. Meanwhile heat a skillet on meduim high heat, add a couple T of the olive oil. Fry/sautee till browned. Be sure not to overcook here. These are thin strips and can easily overcook.

Add additional olive oil to skillet and sautee the mushrooms. I used 8 oz. of sliced button mushrooms, sliced. Add the lemon juice and wine to deglaze the pan. Add the chicken broth and bring to boil, reducing the volume by half. Add the butter the melt into the sauce. Stir in a Tablespoon of cornstarch to thicken sauce. Serve over turkey slices.

Attachments

• turkey frying.jpg
    turkey frying.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 196
  • Turkey-and-Mushrooms-in-a-c.jpg
    Turkey-and-Mushrooms-in-a-c.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 199
That looks great!!!! I'll have to give that a try. I just love wild turkey & mushrooms!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I take my turkey breast and slice it into 3/4" wide by 1/2" thick strips (about 7 -10 inches long). I then marinate them over night in Jack Daniels Mesquite mariade. After marinating I wrap them in a piece of bacon and grill for about 20 minutes at 350. A great side to a ribeye steak.

picture.php

good luck to all
the dog

Just got my turkey tags today, can't wait to nail a big ole tom just to try out this recipe.

BTW, has anyone found a way to preserve morels other than dehydrating? I have tried freezing them several different ways to no avail.

Just got my turkey tags today, can't wait to nail a big ole tom just to try out this recipe.

BTW, has anyone found a way to preserve morels other than dehydrating? I have tried freezing them several different ways to no avail.

Dehydrating is the only way to preserve Morels that I am aware of. Shaggy manes we will blanch and freeze, but we always dehydrate the Morels.

Back