Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Trump admin expanding access on national refuges

Doublecluck

Curious sytes, your signature makes you appear quite conservative/libertarian. Why didn't you vote for this pres, and who did you vote for, if you don't mind my asking? To all others: please understand i don't intend to make this political, just wondering because the major party alternative to sytes' vote didn't seem so convincing to me, personally.

Curious sytes, your signature makes you appear quite conservative/libertarian. Why didn't you vote for this pres, and who did you vote for, if you don't mind my asking? To all others: please understand i don't intend to make this political, just wondering because the major party alternative to sytes' vote didn't seem so convincing to me, personally.

Take that conversation up via personal message please. Totally off topic..

Take that conversation up via personal message please. Totally off topic..

Fair enough. As previously stated it's not my intention to turn this into an argument. I'd pose that saying it's "totally off topic" is also incorrect though, what with the president's name/administration in the title. Why is it that we've gotten so independent, isolated and fearful that we can't ask a man's opinion on politics at all? After all, it's (well, should be) hard to offend a man with a question.

Hell, we ask each other about how we hunt, which to me is much more personal than our politics.

Last edited:
Fair enough. As previously stated it's not my intention to turn this into an argument. I'd pose that saying it's "totally off topic" is also incorrect though, what with the president's name/administration in the title. Why is it that we've gotten so independent, isolated and fearful that we can't ask a man's opinion on politics at all? After all, it's (well, should be) hard to offend a man with a question.

Who another member of this forum voted for and why don’t have much to do with expanding public access/opportunity on national public land. The conversation your trying to start usually ends with a locked thread.

Always like to see more access, looks like 5 new areas to hunting and 4 to fishing... any idea where these are located?

Most of these areas I grew up hunting waterfowl, expanding opportunity in these places is long overdue.

Who another member of this forum voted for and why don’t have much to do with expanding public access/opportunity on national public land. The conversation your trying to start usually ends with a locked thread.

Again, fair enough. It was never my intention to start a conversation here on a public forum. I was just curious. I'm done commenting on this thread.

Cheers, and good luck to you Quackillr and everyone else in all your hunts this year.

-matthew

Pretty cool. Another article from The Hill.

The plan would increase hunting and fishing access across 1.4 million acres of public land in 74 national wildlife refuges and 15 national fish hatcheries.
"President Trump is committed to expanding public access on public lands, and this proposal is executing on that directive by opening and increasing more access to hunting and fishing by the Fish and Wildlife Service at more stations and across more acres than ever before," Interior Secretary David Bernhardt said in a press release.

"Hunting and fishing are more than just traditional pastimes as they are also vital to the conservation of our lands and waters, our outdoor recreation economy, and our American way of life. These refuges and hatcheries provide incredible opportunities for sportsmen and women and their families across the country to pass on a fishing and hunting heritage to future generations and connect with wildlife," Bernhardt continued.
Good statement.

I consider myself fairly knowledgeable about NWRs and Fed hatcheries, I just dont see how the hatcheries are keeping people from fishing. Is the plan to let folks fish settling ponds for escaped fish that end getting huge? Other than that I picture sitting next to raceways with a zebco drowning worms.

Good news. There is a local refuge that would offer amazing turkey hunting if it were allowed.

It does sound like if you're a waterfowl/bird hunter you'll have more opportunity. I miss hunting waterfowl right up until I remember having to find something to do with them.

Smoke ‘em. Delicious!

Back