Truckers in DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdcrossbow

They will not actually enter DC they will drive around the beltway each day this week twice. They have a rallying point in Hagerstown Md about 1 hour north of DC. It will be interesting to see how back the traffic gets.

They will not actually enter DC they will drive around the beltway each day this week twice. They have a rallying point in Hagerstown Md about 1 hour north of DC. It will be interesting to see how back the traffic gets.
Recalling my DC grad school days: I’m not sure that even the largest convoy of slow moving semis would be any different from an average Wednesday afternoon of congestion on the Beltway.

It sounds to me like it will be business as usual in the beltway. Instead of 5-10mph it will be 0-5mph. I'm unsure why they chose a city that can shutdown at the sending of an email to prove this point.

Having lived through almost 4 weeks of this trucker BS in Ottawa. I hope they actually make arrests for the DC rallies.
Road rage in the USA is a whole different kinda monster. I expect the authorities will just find a bomb shelter to hide in while the crazies shoot it out with each other. "Pass the donuts and call the coroner."

To be honest I haven't followed it at all. But if they want to protest they have the right. Why should they be any different than anyone else who wants to stand up for what they think is right. There doing it peacefully (at least to my knowledge like I said I have zero info on this. But guessing if it wasn't peaceful it would be well known) I mean have they killed anyone or destroyed anyone's belongings or livelihoods? Serious question I have no idea.

I don’t remember BLM getting hammered this bad on this forum but seems to be some disdain for the truckers.

There was a pretty universal disgust about the violence & stupidity around CHAZ, etc. But I think most folks understand the importance of protest in a free nation.

Keep on trucking. Good luck in DC traffic!

There was a pretty universal disgust about the violence & stupidity around CHAZ, etc. But I think most folks understand the importance of protest in a free nation.

Keep on trucking. Good luck in DC traffic!
Haha I’ll be as far away from that nightmare of a beltway as possible. I’d rather have a root canal that drive in that mess.

While I appreciate the sentiment, and the right to protest whatever grievances one may have, one must look at the logistics of this “copy cat” protest. For crying out loud. Mandates were being rolled back before they even put in their first tank of 5.00 fuel. Good for them for standing up for what they think is right, but yeah. A dollar short and a day late was a great way to classify this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back