Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Tough Winter

Not the same critter. Tough to imagine.

DSC_7928.jpg

DSC_7924.jpg

DSC_7921.jpg

Alright, enough. Doesn't make a great day, but such is life. As always, the critters will bounce back.

Man that's really depressing.

I noticed in the regs they haven't cut back tags at all?
Is that something that'll happen later on?

I think they wait until after the summer counts to allocate doe tags.

They already set the quotas in the regs. Not sure if they will change them or not. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I think there are less doe tags in 700 than last year.

winter006.jpg

I snapped this pic on April 1st about 25 miles north of Glasgow. Dont even want to know whats buried underneath all that snow....antelope and mule deer are going to be pretty short up here.

How hard did the areas on the north side of the CMR get hammered? I'm assuming they got hit hard also?

How hard did the areas on the north side of the CMR get hammered? I'm assuming they got hit hard also?

I saw over 500 pronghorn spread up and down the beach on the south side of fort peck lake this weekend. I have never seen them there before. Does one think they migrated from the north and are now stuck on the south side. The ice has receded 20 feet or so.

I saw over 500 pronghorn spread up and down the beach on the south side of fort peck lake this weekend. I have never seen them there before. Does one think they migrated from the north and are now stuck on the south side. The ice has receded 20 feet or so.

Absolutely. There were some amazing movements this winter.

Thanks for the update and the new pics Miller. It does help to have the visual to go along with the number to really bring it home. Especially for those of us in places that don't get hammered by Old Man Winter so hard. What a sad deal.

Just east of Clinton....you mean...just by Drummond or further west? I've seen 15-20 about 5 miles west of Drummond quite a few times, but never anywhere near Clinton... unless you count the famous South Hills buck....

Just east of Clinton....you mean...just by Drummond or further west? I've seen 15-20 about 5 miles west of Drummond quite a few times, but never anywhere near Clinton... unless you count the famous South Hills buck....

I saw them last saturday mixed in with horses just east of clinton a few miles. There was a bunch of them.

Yeah, I saw those too, last weekend.

Was wondering about those. Where did all those come from, never seen them there before.

Also saw several herds of elk way up high on those burned off ridges through that stretch of highway.

South hills buck?

The Clinton antelope are getting a lot of attention, wonder how long they`ll stick around. Not much room to roam there.

I dont suspect they will stay there too long..... must have come from the Drummond area though...

I saw a single buck in the timber on Chamberlain Creek in 2005... in the spring. Chamberlain Creek is located west of Ovando off the Blackfoot...shocked the chit out of us...

Yep...south hills buck, He was running around up on the ridge above all the houses and would venture back into Maclays stuff just across the river from Lolo.... dont know what ever happened to him...this was back in probably 01/02 or so....

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back