MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Tough Winter

Just read about the train incident a couple days ago and then just saw this thread.

I grew up in Glasgow and Fort Peck and remember the winter of 78-79, hard to imagine more snow than that. Of course I was 10 years old then so maybe I remember it a little worse than it actually was.

Amazing pictures and what a sad story. Hopefully they will make it somehow.

Got out yesterday to retrieve some collars. Getting around wasn't easy.

DSC_6538.jpg

Tough to get the signal on this one dur to the topography. Luckily they had us pretty close with the flight last week.

DSC_6519.jpg

Here is where that collar was located. We came in from the left side of the picture.

DSC_6527-1.jpg

Here is another collar. Notice we had someone walk in after we located it.

DSC_6551.jpg

Another collar with a mortality in the background.

DSC_6560-1.jpg

Without spending any time looking, we found quite a few mortalities. Hopefully things improve soon.

How do you think the grouse are doing?

the shapies are bunched up in huge flocks. It is kind of fun to watch 200 sharpies in my back yard roosted in my hedges and then watch them fly off every morning.

The pheasants are taking it on the chin but the natives not so much.

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/total_forecast/getprod.php?wfo=ggw&sid=GGW&pil=CLI

I see we are up to almost 95 inches of snow for the season here in Glasgow, and it is starting to snow again. It is getting to be a little bit monotonous

Nemont

I am not on that east side, they have had it worse than us for sure. But man, its getting rough up here too. Esp up on the mountain just a little higher than my property, went from 6-12 inches to about 4 feet in a month. And there is still game hanging in there. I am sure the lions are eating well. Snow just keeps coming!! Showing 2 more weeks of it on the extended forecast.

I was in the supercub yesterday for over four hours, mostly between Highway 2 and the Canadien line(North Valley County) and saw less than 50 antelope total. Saw plenty of dead deer too...coyotes are whacking on them pretty hard. They're running them into the coulee bottoms where they break through and get hung up. The coyotes are running across it like a dry sidewalk...

Got mudded out going south this morning, so checked out another area closer to HWY 2. Left me feeling pretty sheety.

DSC_7950.jpg

That is brutal! How long a stretch? Seems to just keep going. See many live ones out there today?

Holy crap, Miller. That is bad. Beyond bad.

As gruesome as it is, thanks for posting and showing just what a winter it has been. Hopefully some seed stock survived.

Awful picture Craig. I've dealt with a fair bit of that myself this winter, just a sucky sight to see/deal with.

As gruesome as it is, thanks for posting and showing just what a winter it has been. Hopefully some seed stock survived.

Thanks for saying that Randy. I wasn't sure if it was appropriate....but it does show what is really occurring and not just a number.

Sorry if this overkill...just painting a picture. Sad deal.

DSC_7968.jpg

Those aren't crows.

DSC_7964.jpg

This accident happened almost a month ago.

DSC_7950-1.jpg

DSC_7936.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back