Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

They hunt in France?

There used to be this joke about Euro Disney having to stop the closing hour fireworks. It seems every time the display started they’d all throw their arms up and surrender.
Or...there’s the French tank with 4 speed reverse...
Jokes aside though, I believe France has the largest hunting population in Europe.

There used to be this joke about Euro Disney having to stop the closing hour fireworks. It seems every time the display started they’d all throw their arms up and surrender.
Or...there’s the French tank with 4 speed reverse...
Jokes aside though, I believe France has the largest hunting population in Europe.

And the world's shittiest neighbor during 2 world wars.

France has a strong hunting heritage. I believe John Dudley and Andy Stumpf did a hunt for Chamois.

As for fighting the US hasn't won a war where they've entered from start to finish since 1898. The French haven't entered a war half way through and then claim to have won it all. The French also trained and equipped the Americans in WWI.

Let’s not forget that if it wasn’t for the USA’s actions in the 1940’s, France today would be located in southwestern Germany.

France and Germany have a rich history of hunting, driving through the countryside a couple years back, I was amazed at the number of deer stands in the farm fields. Looked more like Wisconsin than what I assumed Europe would look like. Germany also feels more rural than my home state of Montana, thanks to less urban sprawl. Montana and Germany are almost exactly the same size in square miles, Montana has one million people, Germany has 83 million, but not every single person has to have a “ranch” like they do here.

Let's all be a bit careful of throwing out insults to the French about their actions during WW2 and the USA taking all the credit.

Canada was in WW2 right from the start, and I have allot of relative that died on beaches alongside French allies. WW2 was a dirty fiasco.

Let's not forget that the Americans didnt really get their boots dirty in Europe until 1940, after the collapse of France. And dont think that the US came to the rescue in Europe, because after Perl Harbour, the US pulled out of France to focus on the Japanese. This was a good move, but left Canada and Great Britain to finish the show against Hitler.

All I am saying is that we all had a role to play in WW2 and thank goodness we were all in it together......

Let's all be a bit careful of throwing out insults to the French about their actions during WW2 and the USA taking all the credit.

Canada was in WW2 right from the start, and I have allot of relative that died on beaches alongside French allies. WW2 was a dirty fiasco.

Let's not forget that the Americans didnt really get their boots dirty in Europe until 1940, after the collapse of France. And dont think that the US came to the rescue in Europe, because after Perl Harbour, the US pulled out of France to focus on the Japanese. This was a good move, but left Canada and Great Britain to finish the show against Hitler.

All I am saying is that we all had a role to play in WW2 and thank goodness we were all in it together......
probably need a refresher course on WW2 history

It is too bad that so many feel the need to denigrate the French, but in doing so, they help keep the prices down on some REALLY elegant and well made shotguns. They are probably the best value on the market.

Guy de Valdene has more than a few excellent books about hunting in France.

While the French jokes are mildly amusing, the French have been major contributors to the GWOT, including doing the heavy lifting in African bush conflicts that most of you haven't heard of. They've also provided us with quite a few technical enablers and other intelligence tools that in turn allowed us to ramp up the F3EAD cycle in Iraq and AFG.

Guy de Valdene has more than a few excellent books about hunting in France.

While the French jokes are mildly amusing, the French have been major contributors to the GWOT, including doing the heavy lifting in African bush conflicts that most of you haven't heard of. They've also provided us with quite a few technical enablers and other intelligence tools that in turn allowed us to ramp up the F3EAD cycle in Iraq and AFG.

Something to be said about holding a grudge, it just might help you from trusting too much and getting burnt again (and again). The Libyans bombed a nightclub in Germany in 1986 and when the Americans went to retaliate (bomb Libya) the French denied overflight. Remember when France declined to participate in the Iraqi incursion, remember Freedom Fries? Going back even farther France opted out of NATO for a while because their Generals couldn't be in charge. Colin Powell said something to the effect, If the French could name one war they won on their own in the twentieth century, he'd let a French General lead NATO. I can't name sources but France and Clinton were a large factor in decapitating Libya and I still don't know why.

Far from a complete list, but some of the more memorable.

I trained with the French, their air of superiority, bombast and arrogance was amazing. I once got in a spat with some French soldiers, six French against three Americans, We tore them up and then stole their Halftrack :) I trained with the English also, the French wouldn't even think about showing up in an English club during joint exercises.
I'm not a big fan.

The Germans only have around 384,000 hunters, getting a license isn't easy. Around 1/2 percent of the population are hunters. They have very old traditions.
Back in the day, the hunters were organized as a militia, We used them for guides when moving Armor through the forests and setting up firing positions.

Back