There's alot of money out there

I've been a ground pounder my whole life, never owned stock, and have a lot to learn before I do!
You sound open to the idea.
For me, to late to learn, and I want nothing to do with cost factor. Perfectly happy to enjoy watching the neighbors horses, and think about their cost every time the damn things freak out and run through the fence. :)

Smokes book is good. I just can't tie a knot to save my ass. It's like a foreign language.
Honestly, most everything is a slip knot or a half hitch. Diamond and box hitches for sawbucks/top packs are where it gets a little more complex.

Yes. What are you looking for?
Just thinking of having a book I can read and highlight fold pages and pack with me. I tend to forget knots and have to look them up.
Learning to do a box hitch was good on youtube but if I get to the trail and forget how to cross or when youtube is not going to help me.

Just thinking of having a book I can read and highlight fold pages and pack with me. I tend to forget knots and have to look them up.
Learning to do a box hitch was good on youtube but if I get to the trail and forget how to cross or when youtube is not going to help me.
I can loan both of those to you if you want? They are both great books. Smoke’s book is more like a how to manual. Joe’s book is more entertaining and has really cool sketches. Smoke’s book deals mainly with Decker saddles, while Joe’s is more oriented to Sawbucks and the necessary hitches for top packs.

I can loan both of those to you if you want? They are both great books. Smoke’s book is more like a how to manual. Joe’s book is more entertaining and has really cool sketches. Smoke’s book deals mainly with Decker saddles, while Joe’s is more oriented to Sawbucks and the necessary hitches for top packs.
I really appreciate the offer! Thanks but I think I'll just buy them because of the rough nature I'm going to use them. It looks like $13 a piece. The wife might even enjoy them.. Im looking forward to laying in a tent reading one someday. soon.

Does it show hitches in pictures? Thats what I need at the trail head/camp when something doesn't come out just right.
Smoke's book is probably one of the best reference manuals. This book by Bob Hoverson is also a great resource. It has illustrated pictures as well as photographs for all the knots and hitches.

I have read both books several times and learn something useful each time.

SFW is the worst thing to happen to hunting in my lifetime. And the sad thing is how many drink the koolaid...

I struggle with it as a member. I sit in the banquets and watch some dude on a phone, compete with another dude on a phone, the clients I'm assuming are sitting home.

We give out over 500 tags for "conservation".

Utah I guess does more conserving than everyone else?
Man, you need to re-think your part in this. Nothing keeping you to be a member of that org

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back