Yeti GOBOX Collection

The Storms of Life

Congrats!!! What a story!?! The twists and turns make it even better. A hero’s journey!

Nice! Stay sure footed! Look forward to your epic conclusion... with pic of course.

Grats - to you and your team.

Congrats on staying with it. Looking forward to the ending chapter!

Congratulations! Very cool story of putting family first and perseverance in the hunt. Thanks for taking us along.

Back at camp. We got of that frozen mountain and nobody got injured. The sketchiest pack out of my life, by a big margin.

I can't tell you what an amazing group of guys helped me with this. Seven miles chasing this goat, through some places I would have never ventures alone. A few nasty falls and slides down icy slopes, but not broken bodies or gear.

We're spent. I post this picture and give a few more details tomorrow. Got our chance at 4:45 pm, 340 yards on the same cliffs as yesterday afternoon.

Adam Foss was with us taking photos for Leupold, Gerber, Mystery Ranch, and Sitka. He and his family do tons of mountain hunting in BC. He says this is the oldest goat he's ever seen. We get 12+ years old. Withered to the bones and busted both horns over the years. Getting him officially aged at Matson's Lab, as there is discussion he's even older than 12.

Thanks for following along. Thank God for the blessing of great friends. I am blessed in so many ways.

While I was coughing my lungs out with COVID last December, I doubted I'd be able to chase goats for seven miles in the snowy mountains of southwest Montana.

For all that's been going on in my life this season, I never dreamed a goat like this would be a reality.

This one is for my Mom. Nobody will be happier for my success than she will be when she sees the picture tomorrow morning.

42018.jpeg

When I saw Dale's insta story earlier I was so relieved and amped that you were successful. My mom has been struggling with interstitial lung disease for several years, and I find it tough to do anything without worrying about her. I can only imagine the toll that your mom fighting cancer is taking on you, her, and your family. To persevere as you have this season has to feel amazing. Please pass our love and encouragement on to her, and thanks for sharing your incredible hunts with us.

That is impressive. Nov. goat hunts aren't for the faint of heart. You having known that billy for a few years makes the accomplishment hard to top.
Best wishes for your mom.

Congratulations Randy.
One for the books.
Super happy you weathered the storms to get 'er done.

Wow, what an incredible adventure. Congratulations to all involved. Very happy for you guys!!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back