PEAX Equipment

The Montana Deer/Elk Draw Week

Only if you opted in and you paid the fee. MT is an "opt in state" for points.
Damn, I thought you could choose to buy it at the time of application or buy it separately after the fact. The way I read it was you could have another point going into the draw or leave it.

So you are saying not only did I get tag soup, I don't even get a leg up on people that missed drawing this year and now have 1 point like me? lol sonofabitch

Drew the big game combo!! but no luck on the Elkhorns. Congrats to everyone successful n hope for better luck next year to those who weren’t

Reactions: LCH
He did opt in so he has 1 , you don’t get another one added , you have to opt in again next year
No I had 1 going into this year, I chose not to buy another at the application since I thought I would basically get a guaranteed deer combo even if I didn't draw the elk permit.

Like I posted above my situation now is probably the worst I could have gotten. Missed combo tag this year and won't get 2 points going into next year unless I buy with my application in 2020. Whereas if I put in for my PP this year I would have had 2 going into 2020 prior to my app and 3 after application.

But I suppose 2 points should be plenty next year to draw...right GOHUNT?

Points do go on sale in the summer. I don't know if you'll be able to acquire both one this summer and another prior to next year's draw though.

Points do go on sale in the summer. I don't know if you'll be able to acquire both one this summer and another prior to next year's draw though.
I think it's changed now, but that was a loophole for a year or two. You could buy both.

Reactions: LCH
No I had 1 going into this year, I chose not to buy another at the application since I thought I would basically get a guaranteed deer combo even if I didn't draw the elk permit.

Like I posted above my situation now is probably the worst I could have gotten. Missed combo tag this year and won't get 2 points going into next year unless I buy with my application in 2020. Whereas if I put in for my PP this year I would have had 2 going into 2020 prior to my app and 3 after application.

You
But I suppose 2 points should be plenty next year to draw...right GOHUNT?

You can buy a 2nd pp in July I believe for $50 and than one with your app next year. Sucks you didnt draw feel for you man. I lucked out being foolish and not buying any pp this year.

Well, someone can have my big game combo as I turned that in so make sure you get on the alternate list!

After 10 years of applying my old man finally got lucky drew a good elk permit. Going to be a damn good time! Congrats to those who drew and will be in the elk woods this year.

Back