PEAX Equipment

The Montana Deer/Elk Draw Week

I had 1 point, partner had zero, we drew deer combos with an average of 0.5 points.

I did feel a little silly paying that much for a deer tag and not tacking on the elk portion. I wonder if this is the year a lot of guys ponied up and demand for big game combo was greater than just deer combo?
Also it might have been better odds without a point cuz it’s separate draw

Reactions: LCH
It is back up on the site, but some NRs are getting their results showing up in both successful and unsuccessful for the same license. I didn't believe it, so he sent me a screen shot. Weird stuff.

Mine just shows my special permit choice as unsuccessful twice.

Big ole Easter Egg... 0. I take that back, gained another set of points. :)

Come again? What do you mean odds would be better without a PP? What the hell is the point of PPs then?
It’s separate draw for folks with pp and those without . With gets 70% of tags and the group without gets 30% . This year it’s possible the number of people that applied without a pp was less than 30 so everyone without a point would then draw

I take it this isn't a glitch...right everyone?....

:sick:

It’s separate draw for folks with pp and those without . With gets 70% of tags and the group without gets 30% . This year it’s possible the number of people that applied without a pp was less than 30 so everyone without a point would then draw
What kind of terrible idea is that? Is that new? I do not see that in the regs from what I have looked at.

Elk Permit 3
Deer Permit 3
Antelope Permit 2
Elk B Permit 2

Preference Point 1.

Don't I get another PP automatically since I did not draw?

Drew a general elk combo as a group with no pp. Like 8 and counting said separate draw for people with no pp. Assuming Corey and GoHunt talking about needing a pp made odds better in the 30% pool without pp.

Good luck to all this fall!

Your SOL like me . You didn’t even get entered for the permit , like me cuz you have to draw the combo to be entered in permit draw which is why u didn’t get a deer combo cuz you never drew the big game combo
I wonder what the odds were for us? lol Also where did you see the 30/70 split? I see that nowhere in regs.

Also anyone have an idea if I can buy a PP separately now to guarantee next year's combo draw?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back