MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

The Duke

I don’t find it offensive they showed the misses, but as a hunter I find the “gunfight” phrase completely idiotic. Why not just admit it was a complete shit show and say you melted like a popsicle under pressure?

I don’t find it offensive they showed the misses, but as a hunter I find the “gunfight” phrase completely idiotic. Why not just admit it was a complete shit show and say you melted like a popsicle under pressure?
Yeah I think they just set out to make some "epic hero film" where everything worked out perfectly and they had their giant ram double, but then they didn't adjust that tone at all when it didn't turn out as planned. Like this could have been a decent film if the focus was entirely different. It all built up like it was going to be a triumphant journey but all that did was make the "shootout" feel that much worse. Sometimes things don't work out as planned, and that's fine - but not every hunting story needs to be told like this (or at all, but that's a different conversation). And then you add in the extreme focus on inches and it's just generally uncomfortable to watch.

I'm still confused on why he even took the first shot. 450 on a walking ram that's slightly quartering? I'm not taking a shot that far on a moving, unhurt animal ever.

I'm still confused on why he even took the first shot. 450 on a walking ram that's slightly quartering? I'm not taking a shot that far on a moving, unhurt animal ever.
Yeah that was epically poor judgement.

He had a Nightforce Scope, for god's sake. You just dial and squeeze, then adjust when you miss.

That rodeo would have been best left in the vault at home.

14 people in one kill shot is pushing the record. I wonder if they arm wrestled to pack meat back to the truck?

All I can say, if I were the guy that had the draw tag, I would be inviting Sayer over for a cheap scotch on the rocks so he could look at the ram he should have hit with his first 3 shots that is now decorating my trophy room...

No way would I have passed him my rifle.
Before The Duke decorated your trophy room, you would have had to have shot better than Shooter # 2 shot on the video. Granted, by the time he got to shoot at his ram, I imagine he was pretty shook up. 😀

Yeah that was epically poor judgement.

Cmmon man! the thing was gonna disappear in to that drainage… forever… until it reappeared on the other side… closer. a minute or two later.. or walked down the same trail, the next day.

Speculation, forgot to dial down after the first shot, amateur hour for sure.

Cmmon man! the thing was gonna disappear in to that drainage… forever… until it reappeared on the other side… closer. a minute or two later.. or walked down the same trail, the next day.

Speculation, forgot to dial down after the first shot, amateur hour for sure.
Could have waited in the pickup on stubble.

unbelievable. Are we sure this isn't a spoof?

The b-roll with talk about the "ethics" of the hunt..

The posing in front of the trophy with the custom rifle like it was a critical part of the hunt.

I can't believe Kryptek posted this thing but then again they are used to this type of thing with their buddies over at muley freak.

I knew he was going to keep missing after it showed him having to unmount the rifle and put the gun butt by his hip just to work the bolt.

If I handed that rifle to a random orangutan from the zoo he would handle it smoother than that guy.

Back