Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

The Duke

WHhhyyyyy would they have thought this was a good idea to put on the internet? Why would they refer to them as "elite hunters." I read the comments before watching but this was worst than I even imagined.

Not to derail from the OPs original thread, which most by now have unfortunately seen the video, but does anyone know what Sayer paid for that tag? Was just curious as was looking at the current auction price from the Sheep Show for the Oregon tag and it’s been jumping right up there 😳

CA32EE36-6E3B-4367-9FAA-BEA59A9901D5.jpeg

This is a Unit 11 ram from several years ago. I wonder if he became “The Duke?” 😀

Since I am asking questions, would he have been a legal ram in MT 303 when I took the photo? If I pulled the hair on the front of his horn down far enough, I bet he would.

A456922E-F0F9-41B1-95DE-FE10A1B26987.jpeg

Not to derail from the OPs original thread, which most by now have unfortunately seen the video, but does anyone know what Sayer paid for that tag? Was just curious as was looking at the current auction price from the Sheep Show for the Oregon tag and it’s been jumping right up there 😳

View attachment 208744
Probably bidding on a specific sheep not necessarily a hunt

The ram @BAKPAKR just posted is an example of a good ram. Non-aggressive posture, not a threat.

In contrast:

Aggressive Ram.JPG

Notice the low rear haunches, burning rubber & springing forward. Full blown charge.

Aggressive Ram 2.JPG

2 cubs in tow, head low, springing forward in an aggressive manner, etc. Dump the clip, empty your
bear spray, play dead and cover your neck. Example of a bad ram.

That has to be the saddest "hunt" I have ever seen. Am I the only one wondering what Jack O'Connor would say if he seen this fiasco?

The Idaho Lottery tags used to sell for $100k, I think they’re $150k or higher now.

Doug has spent close to $1 million on Idaho auction tags.

The unit tag holder was not getting that Ram. No way in hell. It was already a forgone decision. They even stated it in the video. See the “ your Ram” quote at the 13:13 mark

“ especially when one of them is a governors tag. Because that’s a significant amount of money that’s been Donated to conservation for him to get that tag, and, he , sometimes those guys can be all about themselves and sometimes they are not. In this situation Doug was awesome he wanted to hunt side by side with Travis. You know his camp it was kind of set up. One thing that impressed me a ton, was I remember like Doug saying like “hey if your ram comes and you have a clear shot and I don’t, take the shot. I mean that right there, both these guys, just the ethics.”

The unit tag holder was not getting that Ram. No way in hell. It was already a forgone decision. They even stated it in the video. See the “ your Ram” quote at the 13:13 mark

“ especially when one of them is a governors tag. Because that’s a significant amount of money that’s been Donated to conservation for him to get that tag, and, he , sometimes those guys can be all about themselves and sometimes they are not. In this situation Doug was awesome he wanted to hunt side by side with Travis. You know his camp it was kind of set up. One thing that impressed me a ton, was I remember like Doug saying like “hey if your ram comes and you have a clear shot and I don’t, take the shot. I mean that right there, both these guys, just the ethics.

One could assume who was allotted what without the video adding the clip you quoted but they left no doubt. The bolded part is what really baffled me. "Just the ethics".. huh?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back