Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

The Duke

So if I understand correctly, one hunter has money and bought the tag at auction, the other hunter acquired the tag via the draw system.

Why would the draw hunter agree to ride along with that circus?

Sheep hunting is special, even spiritual.

No way would I want cameras, other hunters, nor a posse full of guides.

So if I understand correctly, one hunter has money and bought the tag at auction, the other hunter acquired the tag via the draw system.

Why would the draw hunter agree to ride along with that circus?

Sheep hunting is special, even spiritual.

No way would I want cameras, other hunters, nor a posse full of guides.
Only reason I can think is that there is only one outfitter for the area and they are 100% invested in the posse hunts and produce big sheep. That said it’s an incredibly easy sheep hunt other than being steep.

My question is why did it take until after 10:00 pm to start quartering the animal. The sheep was still in one piece when the guy is looking at it's horns and his watch says 10:03 pm.
Looked like plenty of light for the camera when the "circus" aka "gun fight" began.
It’s important to get the tape on there. That was gross.

Only reason I can think is that there is only one outfitter for the area and they are 100% invested in the posse hunts and produce big sheep. That said it’s an incredibly easy sheep hunt other than being steep.
I’m assuming Doug paid more to get dibs on the big ram? Or paid first? I’m wondering how that all worked.

I’m assuming Doug paid more to get dibs on the big ram? Or paid first? I’m wondering how that all worked.
Probably, plus it probably sells better at sheep shows, etc as a “look what we can do for our head hunting clients”

The outfitter had pics of all the rams available in the unit at the time. Pick your ram and pay your fee.
I'm also assuming he had the trespass fee locked up to get through that grain field at the rim of the canyon... no guide, no access.

I'd be willing to bet rich dude/auction tag payed for draw tag to use the guide, but he got first dibs on the sheep.

All I can say, if I were the guy that had the draw tag, I would be inviting Sayer over for a cheap scotch on the rocks so he could look at the ram he should have hit with his first 3 shots that is now decorating my trophy room...

No way would I have passed him my rifle.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallguy
Back