The Duke

Reading this thread is like listening to Greenhorn describe one of his hot links.

You know you don’t want to watch it but the imagination of what took place is almost worse.

@JLS, were you prepared for your chukar hunt to turn into a gunfight?

I’ve been on a chukar hunt that almost turned in to a gunfight, but it involved Russians drinking vodka and yelling “duck” before shooting at us when some chukars ran between us.
I mean who hasn't hid behind a rock during a chuckar hunt?

Buddy - Did you shoot?
18yr old me - no!
Buddy - why not?
Me - I was hiding behind that rock! Points to where chuckar flushed from.
They knew what they were doing. Red leged devils.

Last edited:
To me the grossest part was the guy who drew the tag and was obviously emotional about his once in a lifetime opportunity.
He was then treated like an afterthought.
Lucky to get Sloppy seconds.

I think I would have dropped that ram as soon as Doug missed.
The look on his face would have been priceless!

Last edited:
My question is why did it take until after 10:00 pm to start quartering the animal. The sheep was still in one piece when the guy is looking at it's horns and his watch says 10:03 pm.
Looked like plenty of light for the camera when the "circus" aka "gun fight" began.

My question is why did it take until after 10:00 pm to start quartering the animal. The sheep was still in one piece when the guy is looking at it's horns and his watch says 10:03 pm.
Looked like plenty of light for the camera when the "circus" aka "gun fight" began.
My guess, they had to edit out the really bad stuff after the rump shot.

I was wondering it seemed like the guy that drew the tag was 2nd in line for a sheep I guess due to the other guys $
not sure but was wondering

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FelixMarvin
Back