Yeti GOBOX Collection

The Cure for Spring Fever

MKotur325

Oh, What a weekend!! Warm Weather, Clear low water. Had to spend some time on the water Saturday!!

Saturday Started out like this, Nice 19"ish spawned out hen

A bit later

Then things started to pick up! The next hole produced these two!

and the fish of the day, first 20"er of the year, and just happened to come on the 4wt.

It took me 3 attempts to get that little pig into the net.

Fished 9 hours on Saturday, found piles of fish, but strangely enough... All bows and whitefish. 0 browns... Though, Hard to argue with the results!!

Beautiful fish! Thanks for sharing. I will have the boat in the water in 10 days and hopefully a walleye tugging on the end of the line.

I spent some time on the water this weekend also. Granted I had to drill through 30" of hard water first but it was still a very very enjoyable day!

I didn't see many fish on reds, but the bows that I caught were all stacked up in at least 3.5' of water, and where they were, they were thick... I would imagine that more were on the reds than I could see, but it looks like things are in process for the rainbows. I didn't catch a single brown this weekend, but I bet if I'd fished behind the rainbows with eggs there's probably some big browns getting bigger thanks to those bows.

Managed to get out Yesterday for a couple hours after work, and managed to find a few. Deep swing with a big streamer, stripping the fly back toward me, watch the fish miss the fly the first time; See a second flash in the water, feel weight... Definately didn't expect a 25"Bull!! Turbulent water and a good battle, Here's the results!!

I'd like to know how he got that cool looking Scar on the back side of his Eye, but my best Bull Trout to date, and my best fish so far this year!

Are you allowed to keep those bull trout? We have them in the Jarbidge river here in NV and they have to be released.
That's a heck of a fish!

Are you allowed to keep those bull trout? We have them in the Jarbidge river here in NV and they have to be released.
That's a heck of a fish!

On the South Fork of the Flathead in MT there's a limited harvest deal for Bull trout, I don't know all the details... Where I caught this guy, It's Catch and Release only. That bull is back in the water for some other luck angler.

Great pics especially of that bull trout. What a nice fish.
On the chair lifts at Big Sky, I'm hearing a lot more talk about fish and gardens than I am of skiing!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back