Caribou Gear Tarp

Thanksgiving Day Bull

tjones

Here are some pic of my sons Thanksgiving Day bull. He got home from college on Wednesday and he were able to sneak in a short evening hunt. Elk cows and spikes, along with a few moose and mule deer were all we were able to come up with, but then we didn't get out of the Jeep. :)

Lots of snow and temps around zero made for a great day. Shootsstraight and little Shootsstraight were along also. We spotted 3 bulls and a cow at well over a mile, cut the distance to 619 yards at the first spot we could see through the thick stuff. A mad dash slipping and sliding through the tag alders and thick lodgepole trying to keep up with Shootsstraight to get us to the next opening. Ranged at 375 yards. The last bull was about to step out of sight when he made the shot.

A great Thanksgiving Day.

PB250032.jpg

PB250035.jpg

PB250036.jpg

Cool! Nice bull and a fine time w/ family. :)

Managed to find the pumpkin patch today. All of Helena and 1/2 of Bozeman was hunting around here.

Grats to you and your son on a great looking bull! Bet it was nice to have the shoot-straight duo to assist in the pack out.

A great T-Giving! Grats.

I take it this was between notellem creek and nonyabusiness ridge? Haha! :D

As big as he is I wonder if he would have always been a 5?

Great bull, has to be awesome to be able to go home for the Holiday and kill a bull.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back