Texas Pig

Hooligan

Had to go to Houston for work last week, so I took a couple extra days and drove up to the Boyd/Paradise area NW of Fort Worth to spend a couple days with a friend. He took me out to a ranch and I got to arrow my first pig. What a blast!

A group of 15 or so was coming into a feeder pretty regularly, so we got the wind right, snuck in and set up about 25 yards from it. After a couple hours of sweating in 90 plus heat at 8 a.m. and gettin bitten by ants, we decided they just werent going to be coming in that day. Packed up and started up the road back to the pickup. To our surprise here came a different group right down the road!
We jumped off behind some mesquite and got ready.....the lead pig got broadside at 50 yards, I came to full draw, and was just squeezing the release when they all caught our scent and BOLTED! Never seen pigs run like that!

Has to get regrouped and head back the way we had come to play the wind better, when the stragglers came in. About 15 were headed our way and as soon as they got to where we had crossed the path they were on, the pigs all came to a screaching halt, noses in the air, knowing soemthing was just not right....but it was too late for the lead sow. I was already at full draw and sent my Easton Axis ST and 100 grain Muzzy downrange! Guesstimated 40 yards and double lunged her with a loud thwack! She took the impact lke a champ, not a grunt, squeal or mistep, ran full on for abot 50 yards and collapsed in the brush.

What a great time, making a necklace from her "cutters" and I am really looking forward to having to go back to "work" in Texas again!

Attachments

• IMG95481801.jpg
    IMG95481801.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 381
Where's your coat?:D Nice bow work on the summer sow.

Boyd is less than a hundred miles from me.

Noharley are you south of Boyd? I wil be going to the deer lease just east of Eden in Jaunary....

Noharley are you south of Boyd? I wil be going to the deer lease just east of Eden in Jaunary....

220px-East_of_edendvd.jpg

Sure looks like you hit her right. 50 yard tip over is a GOOD hit...

Texasbucks, We had access to a private cattle ranch outside of Runaway Bay via a friend

Back