Tell Me About Your Cabo Trip

Ovis

Wife and I will be married 10 years in Oct. Considering a trip to Cabo San Lucas. I think a few of you guys have been. We would probably go in Oct. What were your experiences?

Wait until after the first week in November. Before that you are liable to run into a Chubasco (Hurricane). You can find almost anything you want in Cabo from nightlife to great hunting/fishing exprience. You can rent a car and drive up to San Cristobal and go skinny dipping. You can go to the Monastery at Todo Santos and have Margaritas with the Monks while listening to some really good jazz. You can just hang out in town and watch the folks wander around. (Sometimes that's the best show.)

The days will be warm, as will the ocean water. Great for swimming or diving or fishing. Depending on your budget, you can stay in a five star hotel like the Hotel Cabo San Lucas or the Twin Dolphin or stay somewhere like the Mar de Cortez downtown for about 10% of what the Hotel Cabo will cost you. My personal favorite is the Solamar on the outside of the land mass on the ocean side. If you look around a little bit, it can be one of the most romantic places in the world.

:cool:

Danr is the authority on Cabo.

I was there once last may. Had a GREAT time. We are already booking a trip again for this may. It's a guy fishing and cougar hunting trip so we go real cheap.

We fished with elbudster and caught two striped marlin,mahi mahi and a ton of yellowfin. If I were taking my wife I would go to cabo pulma up the gulf side. We swam with sea lions and you can fish for marlin out of a small boat. The food is great down there too.

Trip advisor has a ton of good info.

Thanks for the gouge guys! Danr, you have any recommendations for a chartered fishing trip?

What do you guys think about a time share ? I almost went there this year for Xmas. I know someone that has a 2 bedroom condo with full kitchen and 2 baths and i could have got it for 800 for the week. What are your thoughts on that as i would think about it again if i could get some other couplle to go with us. With the kitchen you can cook up your fish, and go buy cases of beer and hang out there at times. I gues the place is right across the road from that beach (rodondo or something) The killer was that during Xmas it was prime travel and i just couldnt get airfare at a good price to make it worth it.

We went about an hour north of cabo to punta colorada about year and a half ago. Best vacation I have ever been on. 50 dollars a day per person and that included to room and 3 meals a day. Watched whales from the bar while drinking margaritas ( to many at times but man they were good) Whole trip for 9 days, 3 days of fishing airfare from Missoula MT bar bill and shuttle was around 2000.00 for two of us. No night life like cabo but really relaxing. Not even keys for the rooms.

. Not even keys for the rooms.

That wouldnt fly with my old lady:eek: she is paranoid that everyone is going to take her stuff. She locks her car door when it is parked in the driveway during the day, and we live in the burbs.

they have a safe at the desk? Since they have been open since the 60's they haven't had anything stolen from a room. There are only about 25 rooms total and it is a 8 mile dirt road to get to the hotel. 3miles south there are only 3 houses on the beach and nothing for 2 miles north. It really was pretty cool. Oh and the 150 pound stripped marlin I caught was pretty cool too!!!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DDavis
Back