Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Deer Hunting Wisconsin Early November

KayakMacGyver

Just learned I'm going to be in Milwuakee Oct. 30-Nov. 2. Bummed a little because I have a pretty sweet deer hunt here at home in Florida that week, but got to thinking about extending my trip for a few days in the Wisconsin Deer woods to make up for it.

It seems like that's the early rut phase in Wisconsin. Is that accurate?

Looks like there is a pretty robust voluntary public access program in the state that might be a good option. Public land is always avaialble as well.

If there is anyone from WI or who has hunted there that is willing to discuss opportunities I'm considering and help me understand what the deer hunting expectations are, I can return the favor with just about anything you'd ever want to know about hunting/fishing in Florida.

Please send me a PM.

Thank You! - KMG

Just learned I'm going to be in Milwuakee Oct. 30-Nov. 2. Bummed a little because I have a pretty sweet deer hunt here at home in Florida that week, but got to thinking about extending my trip for a few days in the Wisconsin Deer woods to make up for it.

It seems like that's the early rut phase in Wisconsin. Is that accurate?

Looks like there is a pretty robust voluntary public access program in the state that might be a good option. Public land is always avaialble as well.

If there is anyone from WI or who has hunted there that is willing to discuss opportunities I'm considering and help me understand what the deer hunting expectations are, I can return the favor with just about anything you'd ever want to know about hunting/fishing in Florida.

Please send me a PM.

Thank You! - KMG
Nov. 3-13 are typically just about the best 10 days of the season to be in the woods.

There is ample public land to explore however most are small parcels (south of hwy 29 for the most part anyways) meaning the type of hunting is really geared towards getting in early and sitting in a tree especially with the bow.

Expectations for the most part would be you certainly can scout and find good areas where seeing deer is likely. Shooting a doe and/or young buck isn't out of the question. Seeing/harvesting any buck over 3 1/2 years old would be quite the achievement but I know plenty of people that make it happen every year.

Like @seeth07 said about 5 days later in the month is "primetime". However this is very variable and dependent on property. I've had great hunts early in November, for my best consistent days I would say they are 6-11th.

I think if you have the means and time to hunt it would be more than worth your while. Tags are cheap especially for firs time buyers, you get (check regs for area) usually 2 doe and 1 buck tag. I am not sure how far from Milwaukee you are willing/able to travel but really look at the area and regs as tags are area specific with how many tags you get.

Public land in the southern part of the state as mentioned is alot of smaller tracts of land, don't over look river bottoms or super small spots that you need to wade across a river. Most won't work real hard.

Anything else shoot me a pm and I will help if I can.

I appreciate the feedback. I'm not locked into the Milwuakee area for hunting and am looking across the state for opportunities. I sit in a treestsand or saddle for just about all of my deer hunting since we can only see about 50 yards most of the time. It's thick and loud round these parts.

Planning to bring my saddle and sticks to be as mobile as possible. I am very much a doe slayer, but with two elk tags in the family this year I'm hopeful the trigger finger will be tamed a bit. I may be in mature buck only mode by that point, but will just enjoy sitting in some new deer woods if nothing else.

The thought of hunting the rut is very exciting.

If distance isn't a huge concern, I would highly suggest looking at the central part of the state. The SE region can get pretty crowded, especially at peak rut. Same is true in the Madison area. I'd personally look north of 94 and west of 41.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back