Yeti GOBOX Collection

Tatonka!

Thanks for sharing this story Randy!

A buffalo hunt with a bow is my ultimate dream hunt. I throughly enjoyed living vicariously through your experience!

Gotta reaffirm all the comments already posted --- a job WELL DONE! Hope you get a Euro mount done (as well as the obligatory shoulder mount) --- buff skulls have a cool 19th-century look about them. Also impressed with your breaking-down skills on the carcass --- lots of hands are a God-send!

One other thing --- having caped out a bull before for a 1/2-lifesize mount (not mine / what a chore!), I hope you're tanning the back 1/2 of the bull for a rug (awesome addition trophy-wise). FYI, salting down just the BACK 1/2 filled up a 4x8 piece of plywood --- b-i-g animal confirmed!

In short, we're ALL jealous ...

Outstanding!
I've always thought the "scoring" system for bison didn't really catch everything.
But in this case, not just the bull, but the whole thing...
I'd score it a 110. Or maybe 150. Or maybe 500! Or...!!

Hey, you KNOW he was color coordinated.

Yep...

picture.php
[/QUOTE]

Bart, How does one distract the BFC folks? A full nelson and a wedgie?

Well you break out the snacks and share with your friends. Doesn't hurt to ask questions about the type of camera they are using and how you change out the battery etc... :D You talk about the weather, what nice skis they have. Do they eat meat (which they both confirmed). They were actually nice but I wasn't going to let nice keep them constantly on the tails of Mr. Newberg.

Brad the cameraman said it best as we were skinning the beast, you could see 2 guys sneaking around in the trees. He said "Why don't they just come over and watch instead of acting all weird sneaking around."

Dink I don't think it's weird that you think I'm cute;)

Dustin F I do think it's weird you obsessed with that photo ;)

Funny how a fruit snack can diffuse an argument. Wish we could send some out on some of the threads on here recently.:rolleyes:

I'd like to teach the world to sing, in perfect harmony........

I'd like to buy the world a Coke and keep them company..........

:D:D

First, Randy and crew congrats on a killer hunt.

Second, Lawnboy just ruined my day. I was envisioning him knocking the 'Friends of Buffalo" down and giving them the ultimate wedgie - "A Blue Ribbon". Knock em down. Roll em on their bellies. Pull their undies out far enough that you can then pull their feet behind their back and stick their feet into the elastic band on said undies. They'd then have to lay there in the snow with their feet 'tied' up behind them and literally freezin' their arses off. I was trying to envision how he did it with their x-country skis still attached to their feet and coming up with some pretty funny scenarios. :D

My balloon just burst. Guess I'll get back to work................... It was pretty funny while it lasted. Thx. ;)

-Cade
www.HuntForeverWest.com

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idelkhntr13
Back