Task force $1,950 NR elk tag

some of the old guys at the hunting club won't buy a doe tag because they cost $6.95 then we got other guys who buy them and tear them up so they are never used.

For some people it’s not that they can’t find the money to pay $2k for an elk tag. It comes down to being responsible. One side job could get me an elk tag at the “special” price. But it could also get me a week vacation with my wife and 2 kids. Or could be contributed to a college fund. Too many side jobs puts too much burden on my wife and takes time away from the family. It’s selfish. I guess complaining does no good. The kids would probably have as much fun spending a week bird hunting and beaver trapping. Plenty of fun to be had out there for a reasonable cost.
There is a lot of good points in this.

$2k in gas, $2k for a tag, another $1.5k in miscellaneous expenses… at what point does eating beef and shooting a duck as it flies by your house start to make more sense?
From a cost standpoint it does make more sense.. but hunting out of state is what I look forward to more than anything throughout the year, since I started going out of state the last 4 years. That’s my time where I can forget about the stresses at work and really “check out” I generally turn my work email off (only time of year I do) and it’s truely my time away and if I bring meat home then that’s just an added benefit.

I know some guys say you can get the same enjoyment just being out there without a tag; to me Its Just not the same. I would rather make Other sacrifices throughout the year to make sure I can
Afford my Trips. Hopefully it never gets to
The point where most of us are Priced out of western hunting.

I know a few business owners that took from 2-5 million in ppp… meanwhile their companies had record breaking years during Covid.
The two guys that own the company I work for got 750k. Seems like quite a bit. I think they do a gross business of like 4 million. A year. Also to anyone who knows on here was that ppp supposed to help pay wages to any employees who had covid and missed work? That was the rumor but none of us ever saw anything when we had it...

The two guys that own the company I work for got 750k. Seems like quite a bit. I think they do a gross business of like 4 million. A year. Also to anyone who knows on here was that ppp supposed to help pay wages to any employees who had covid and missed work? That was the rumor but none of us ever saw anything when we had it...
The money was supposed to allow businesses that were negatively affected by the pandemic to continue to pay employees rather than having to shut down or lay off a bunch of people. You had to supply payroll documents to justify what you were asking for.

However, as all the lawyers and accountants warned, money is fungible. Once it hits the account you can't control where it goes. Basically it served as a giant stimulus for anyone who applied. Some of the biggest abusers seem to be sole proprietors who got the money and then also never had to stop working, in effect literally getting a personal stimulus.

Our church applied for a loan once the program went live. Let it sit for a couple months, saw that we weren't going to need it for what it was intended and returned the full amount. In the moment I think there were some who disagreed with the decision but as time has gone on I think more recognize why we did it.

Back