Tall and Skinny Mulie

sweetnectar

Well its been a while since I finally pulled the trigger on a mule deer. I saw this guy sitting in a draw with a couple of other bucks. I could tell he was really tall and narrow. At this point I started thinking that I would pass on this buck for now seems how the rut hasn't started and I hadn't scoped out the other bucks in the area. Then this cow hunter from North Dakota starts in with the peer pressure. He says something to the effect "holy crap that is a monster buck...you would be crazy not to shoot that and mount the whole thing..." So my finger started to get itchy from his taunts. Then his twelve year old son finally sees the buck we have been looking at for five minutes or so and yells, "Holy Sh**! its huge" Well that set me over the edge... so I blasted it. Who says peer pressure is all that bad?
Oh ya, one more part to the story. This is my first picture I've posted and I wasn't sure how to shrink the file so Lawnboys wife shrunk it and e-mailed it back to me. So if you need any photo shop work done I'm sure you can just send her a request and a check. :D

Attachments

• abes deer resized (2).jpg
    abes deer resized (2).jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 431
Now that is a great buck. And what was the reason for not shooting immediately?

Congrats. I agree with the 12 year-old kid.

That looks like a great buck, any other views of him?

Abe that's a great buck!!! I wish I had been there first to convince you it was too small.....Then i would have shot it:D Good Job.

That's a great looking buck. 12 year old kid can be very persuasive!

Dang nice buck, yeah I am with some of the others, not exactly seeing what your dilemna was with not dropping him the minute you saw him. Congrats!

Dang nice buck, yeah I am with some of the others, not exactly seeing what your dilemna was with not dropping him the minute you saw him. Congrats!

You see sweetnectar is a wide freak so if it isn't pushing 30" he thinks it's small. It is somewhat of a severe sickness he has. We are working on it.;) You should see the elk he passes up with his bow. I love following behind him picking up the crumbs he doesn't want.:D

My hunt pard Doug's Co muley wasn't too wide either...but sported 17" G2's....made a very sweet euro. From that perspective, sweetnectar's buck looks similar..nice deer.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caveman84
Back