Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Stuff you don't like for no good reason

I miss the good old white people names like Merle & Lerlene, Possum Tater & Whiskey Jill.

Now it's all "Alden" this and "Jebediah" that, like we're all J Crew Models who will get placed in our Uncle's hedge fund with a starting salary of $350K.

Come on.
My grandfather's name was Verdus. That guy was one of the toughest, most capable, and yet humble people I have ever known. Dang good name.

That I can't find the gun I'm looking for anywhere. I'm looking for a good 375 for an Alaskan bear hunt. Seems like the only thing you can find now are custom guns.
Look at Ruger Hawkeyes in 375 Ruger. They're out there and not all that costly.

Damn near the only M77 type Ruger you can get these days.

Since this is the bitching thread, why don't they offer it in 35 Newton? I wouldn't care if they wanted to call it a 35something Ruger. Newton's dead, he doesn't care either.

Damn near the only M77 type Ruger you can get these days.

Since this is the bitching thread, why don't they offer it in 35 Newton? I wouldn't care if they wanted to call it a 35something Ruger. Newton's dead, he doesn't care either.
That would be a great rifle for grizzly country. I suspect they'll capitalize on the success of the 375's case in the near future. After all, lots of thing were created out of the H&H's case and they fill the same roles.

That's one of what I'm looking for and kind find it anywhere. I'll keep looking. Not like I'm leaving tomorrow, but want to get this part of it out of the way.

That would be a great rifle for grizzly country. I suspect they'll capitalize on the success of the 375's case in the near future. After all, lots of thing were created out of the H&H's case and they fill the same roles.

It's not really taken off as a case. The 300 & 338 RCM's were based on the 375 and the 300 PRC is as well. Only the 416 & 375 seem to have found that niche.

It's not really taken off as a case. The 300 & 338 RCM's were based on the 375 and the 300 PRC is as well. Only the 416 & 375 seem to have found that niche.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it took 13 years for the 300 H&H to come out off of the 375's case (which was released in 1912). It took until 1944 for Weatherby to standardize some cartridges based off of the H&H as well. I'm sure there were wildcatters before good ol' Roy, but since 2007 when the Ruger came out, there's been a 300 PRC, 338 RCM, 300 RCM (and subsequently the 6.5 PRC), and probably more that I'm forgetting. That's not too long of a span. There will be more.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it took 13 years for the 300 H&H to come out off of the 375's case (which was released in 1912). It took until 1944 for Weatherby to standardize some cartridges based off of the H&H as well. I'm sure there were wildcatters before good ol' Roy, but since 2008 when the Ruger came out, there's been a 300 PRC, 338 RCM, 300 RCM (and subsequently the 6.5 PRC), and probably more that I'm forgetting. That's not too long of a span. There will be more.

Things I dislike for no reason: Someone offering a more informed opinion than me on something I commented online about.

That's one of what I'm looking for and kind find it anywhere. I'll keep looking. Not like I'm leaving tomorrow, but want to get this part of it out of the way.
There are some on Guns International and GunBroker right now. I don't know what your price range is though.

Cigarette butts
Roadside litter
Flip flops on men (crocs OK - don't want to see your nasty feet)
Mustard
Tomatoes
Montana's elk management practices

Back