Strange bedfellows for a pro public land administration

Conspiracy theory? Pseudo outrage? I could go on a two page rant about things people are pissed about that are not relevant to this topic but more relevant to them than public lands. Not things They are seeing on fox or cnn but things that have directly effected their lives. You can downplay that all you want, but I wouldn’t give that opinion much more validity than a oct 2016 presidential poll.

Ps- I don’t know squat about the economics of healthcare, all I know is what this middle class family could buy for 450 bucks a month before ACA now costs around 1200+ a month and it’s not as good.
I understand the outrage and it is real, but you can’t list 2 pages of things. This is the best time in the history of the world. As a group, our lives are better now than EVER in human history. The irony is that for those people that have a beef, it’s always the government’s fault. The problems we face today are very complex, and without 1) embracing of facts and 2) compromise, there is no way we can solve them.

The compromise part brings it back to this thread. I’m willing to partner with O&G and timber and mining if they are willing to open up land to the public hunter and not destroy the environment. The record on both is spotty at best. They are chasing the almighty $ while I would like to leave a better world for today’s children. So I want better partners.

That’s a valid argument if most of it wasn’t pseudo outrage based on some BS conspiracy theory. If someone wants to be mad about paying the tax for the ACA, that is legit, although might demonstrate a misunderstanding of the economics of healthcare insurance. A lot of the rest of it seems like just being mad because they have too much time on their hands.

So...valid but bullshit and legit but dumbass....and nothing really to do with quack's quoted post.

So...valid but bullshit and legit but dumbass....and nothing really to do with quack's quoted post.
A West Virginia coal miner has a legitimate complaint that his job is going away, but it’s not the Government’s fault. And shouting “loch her up” at a rally is a sign they have moved into dumbass territory. All can be true if you broaden your perspective.

Back on topic for a moment. One thing I think missed in this discussion is that this Conference was not a Department of Interior initiative and the DOI did not invite Myron Ebell to speak. This was an annual policy conference hosted by the American Agri-Women which is "the nation’s largest coalition of farm, ranch and agribusiness women." A quick look at their policy platform tells you exactly where the organization stands. It is common for outside organizations to use government facilities for conferences. Any organization can request use of the Sydney Yates Auditorium at the DOI. It probably made sense to hold the meeting there so that they could get Interior officials to participate without them paying for conference travel.

I'm not saying the administration has not been anti land preservation, but using this symposium as the evidence is just like the people who get pissed off when a public university hosts a polarizing speaker - on the left or the right - god forbid we allow people to hear opposing views.

The desperate Jesters decry Trump due to a conference by the American Agri-Women...

Typical.

Thanks for the background related to this event.

I'm not saying the administration has not been anti land preservation, but using this symposium as the evidence is just like the people who get pissed off when a public university hosts a polarizing speaker - on the left or the right - god forbid we allow people to hear opposing views.

Agree.

Back on topic for a moment. One thing I think missed in this discussion is that this Conference was not a Department of Interior initiative and the DOI did not invite Myron Ebell to speak. This was an annual policy conference hosted by the American Agri-Women which is "the nation’s largest coalition of farm, ranch and agribusiness women." A quick look at their policy platform tells you exactly where the organization stands. It is common for outside organizations to use government facilities for conferences. Any organization can request use of the Sydney Yates Auditorium at the DOI. It probably made sense to hold the meeting there so that they could get Interior officials to participate without them paying for conference travel.

I agree not to make too much of it and opposing views should always be heard. Regarding the quote “I think the real solution to the federal lands is eventually to either transfer them to the states or privatize them, put them into private ownership.”- Hard NO. I don't need to hear anything else. That is OUR land and after it is gone it isn't coming back. There may be logistical problems with management, but let's figure those out.

I read the policy platform for AAW. They are basically 'For' everything, but don't want to pay for any of it. In the end, that is what a lot of this comes down to for us as hunters/outdoors enthusiast. What are we willing to pay to keep public lands?

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back