PEAX Equipment

Still working?

Bosses are in a meeting right now. I'm in the field trying to cobble a little more data together so I have something to look at when they send me home later today.

Still in the office with an occasional field trip, but I work with loggers, so they are a pretty isolated group. I have the option of telework, but our main office has a small crew and my office is separate. We have locked the front door to outside visitors. So far, it's easier to work here and have good connectivity and access to files and office equipment that I may need.

Animal Feed. Essential. still going into my office but shut away from everyone else.

Mandated telework from home starting today. You would think the gov would have better systems in place for this. ArcMap isn’t working, cloud drives aren’t working, VPN isn’t working. Email is working on my phone. Sitting here watching my frozen laptop for hour four now. Yay.

I'm working, my company is running business as usual, just with more precautions like no non-essential travel, and no face to face meetings when they can be avoided.

We are also a big Ag and Supply chain company so I don't imagine we will be shut down.

Yep, 7am-6pm or whenever. Sign on office door prompting online for employee applications. We are getting an influx of oil patch crossovers. Tight as practicable protocol for office and field. Daily checks with supervisory for crew and jobsite event reports. So far so good.

We've had 5 confirmed positives in our city...all fly ins from hotspots, all tracked (reportedly) all isolated. None in our construction subset yet.

I wouldn't call it "working" from home. I'm not going to the office unless I need to actually get something done.

Still climbing trees for now, city work and personal business. Everyone is just driving their own trucks and no meetings. -Colorado

Can everyone say where they are at as this thing ramps up I’m sure the state will make a difference.

Working from home. Only have to go on site if turbine or gas compressors shut down or malfunction in order to give recommendations. I have the ability to remote in for most things.

I work at VA. We were advised to cancel all non-urgent patients but still required to come in. In fact, all leave has been canceled. We've been like this for nearly 2 weeks now. But since they have pulled all the med students and some residents we may be given other assignments as people are shuffled around once our VA starts getting a lot of Covid cases. I may be helping to conduct screenings or assisting other more urgent clinics at some point. Thank God I'm still getting paid. I have many friends unable to earn a living right now.

I have been a manufacturers rep for 4 different auto makers for the last 19 years. We technically work from home one day a week and travel to dealers the other 4. Since last Monday i am from home exclusively. Three of my dealers are closed and 6 are still open. We are in a shelter at home state here in Illinois. We are on orders to not visit any dealers for at least two weeks. I have been assuming role as teacher to our 4 daughters who have been E Learning since last Wednesday.

Now my wife and I also own two clothing boutiques, one in St. Louis and one here in Batavia Illinois. We made the call last sunday to close to the public for the safety of our employees. We were just told today that unless the federal gov't declares a complete shutdown, our insurance policy does not cover us for this type of catastrophic event. Sucks. Thankfully online sales are keeping us in the black and able to pay employees for now.

Still at work here in Houston. Although there is a news conference this afternoon where they might announce a shelter in place order. I believe we will continue working as we should be deemed as essential.

I work at VA. We were advised to cancel all non-urgent patients but still required to come in. In fact, all leave has been canceled. We've been like this for nearly 2 weeks now. But since they have pulled all the med students and some residents we may be given other assignments as people are shuffled around once our VA starts getting a lot of Covid cases. I may be helping to conduct screenings or assisting other more urgent clinics at some point. Thank God I'm still getting paid. I have many friends unable to earn a living right now.
Out here in Colorado almost all of the mental health is via phone or webcam from our homes. Dental and a lot of specialty clinics are cancelling appointments. I hope you guys that are still working stay safe.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back