MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Still working?

Yep, still working in the office.

Somehow my profession of Land Surveying was deemed "essential" by our governor so for now I'm stuck going to the office.

Just got laid off from my job in Brooklyn. Saw a local fly shop hiring in the town where our cabin is located. I’m probably under qualified, but I’ll apply and see.
Doesn’t seem likely that we will be working again until at least June. I’m starting to think it’s time for a change and a move out of the city full time.

Out here in Colorado almost all of the mental health is via phone or webcam from our homes. Dental and a lot of specialty clinics are cancelling appointments. I hope you guys that are still working stay safe.

Thanks! And please do not avoid contacting someone if you have any other issues. If something comes up you should still call VA and get some advice. We're not abandoning other concerns just trying to prioritize things.

Bored as heck being here by myself with nobody to talk to. I'm actually excited to pull samples tomorrow so I have something to do. Mondays are always slow. This one is draggin'! Glad to be working though.

65ish person CPA shop. We are at about 35 bodies in the office this morning with the rest working from home. Some working remotely very well, others completely worthless.

Tricky part right now is doing audits remotely and meeting with boards to present the results of the audits. Typically both are travel intensive and we are encouraging no travel right now. Lots of gotomeeting, zoom, etc. but even the client's board meetings are going remote as well so some of it is just via telephone conference calls.

Thankfully our big industry concentration is utilities so we are pretty safe on that part of things. We really are in pretty good shape overall and shouldn't see any real hiccups.

Deadlines are getting extended for a lot of things so most likely will be stretching busy season out a month or so longer.

No change over the last 8 years. Funny thing about this from my perspective is now that clients aren't travelling, they're much more active on projects that have been put on the backburner. People are eager to get things moving and since nobody has to travel, everyone is making the calls/zoom meetings, etc.

So it's actually improved productivity in the conservation world.

No change over the last 8 years. Funny thing about this from my perspective is now that clients aren't travelling, they're much more active on projects that have been put on the backburner. People are eager to get things moving and since nobody has to travel, everyone is making the calls/zoom meetings, etc.

So it's actually improved productivity in the conservation world.
There will be plenty of money in the PR coffers as well.

Still working. In the process of taking a new job but will still be working once I officially start at my new place

Still working here in Michigan. Although our office closed down today so all my work will done from home. Not sure if I will get along with my new cube mate (my wife) 😂

My company has had me working from home all of March and will likely extend through April. Fortunately, all of my work is done over the phone & computer. I never thought I'd be so thankful to bang away at a keyboard for a living.

The wife is working from home for the forseeable future. I fall into the essential category so I won't be missing work unless I get sick. Got orders today that postal operations will be considered essential (which we all knew) and that we need to carry our IDs at all times to present to local officials in case of lockdown. They're really stressing our importance for the delivery of needed goods obviously, and also as a morale booster of sorts in order to maintain some sense of normalcy.

Wife and I are still working. She is medical and I am ag, so both are considered essential industries. Actually our daycare is still open to support essential industries as well so we are pretty fortunate. Unfortunately my aunt and uncle are both hospitalized with the illness as of this morning, so that really hits home.

I work from home a 2-3 days a week prior to the shutdown, and was stationed at home for most of a year after the big quake a year and a half ago. Most of my work is not dependent on an office though. Either computer work, field or travel.

A lot of other staff hadn't work from home before, and we have a number of people that just started, or are field staff, who's work has been postponed, or canceled until further notice. Those will be the hardest transitions. As of now I have enough work to keep me going for 3-4 months, but after that who knows... I do know that there are a lot of mines that could shut down and they are in South America, and if they do the same in NA, there could be a ton of work for me/us, whether its temporary closure and maintenance, or full on closure. Unless the world runs out of money (potentially), and they abandon the environmental protections, I will have work until I die. Which could be in a month or 50 years.

Wife and I are still working. She is medical and I am ag, so both are considered essential industries. Actually our daycare is still open to support essential industries as well so we are pretty fortunate. Unfortunately my aunt and uncle are both hospitalized with the illness as of this morning, so that really hits home.
Prayers for your aunt and uncle

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back