Caribou Gear

Still working?

If you recently home-bound need any tips on how to be successful working in your sweats & not showering for days on end, post it. Those of us who live under our bridges will help you navigate this confusing and somewhat smelly time.

They’re saying that losing sense of smell is a sign of Covid-19.

I will be providing my wife and children free in-home testing for the next week, it’s my job as head of the household to keep everyone safe.

Dried fruits, refried beans, split pea & ham soup, Lentils, & spicy thai food. My personal favorites.

Working from home - typically did so a day a week for last few years, but now all of our employees that are able are supposed to work full time from home. Some folks do have to go in for their job - we are an "essential" industry so those folks get a pass.

I work in the hazardous waste industry. Still working, spooked every time I go to the hospitals. I’ve never used so much sanitizer in my life, and my hands are damn near bleeding from the alcohol. It’s a vicious circle, lotion, sanitizer.

My testing protocol was validated with Jacks frozen pizza and Kessler.

Other options may work, but it would be purely anecdotal- there have been no controlled studies thus far.

Well yes and no but maybe I'm not really sure. I got paid Sat so that was a good sign. I'm right smack dab in the middle of switching agencies. Work for the feds. Last day was suppose to be this Friday start at New agency and academy training next day. It was on now it's off so (y)(n)o_O:confused::poop:

Still working, transitioning educational programming from in person to virtual. Office part time, remote from home part time. My wife works for a church, so she is largely not working at this time.

Sales engineer, based out of home, so nothing different there. Not able to make sales calls in person so that makes it difficult. About half of my day I can't do any more.

Here in South Dakota they are saying optimistically we will hit our peak infection in May, so this is going to be the norm for a bit I suppose...

I see on LinkedIn the NSPS is pushing for essential designation.
The NSPS didn’t get anything in writing yet but our local state Professional Land Surveyors association got something from our governor stating that land surveyors are essential because we are tied to the banks because of mortgages and or closings. Our supporting staff is not essential though.

My main job is “Essential“. My part work has been slow but that is average for this time year. Jobs are starting to get lined up now that the weather is nicer, so we will get busy

My retirement job is old farmer. I work on a 50 acre fruit farm in Arizona. Mostly apples, peaches and asian pears. It's hard to work remotely on a farm, so I'm out 7 days a week on a tractor or walking the orchard, checking bloom. I can't seem to get caught up on work. My boss tells me it is because I was gone too many days last month hunting off range oryx in New Mexico. I strongly disagree and try to explain that it is just a busy time of the year. She doesn't buy it, she knows me too well after 45 years of marriage!

Shretrock don't hang itself. Long term im screwed, but short term folks being home looking at the holes in their walls means I'm being pushed.

No sanitizer, but clorix wipe your hands for a while, I'm expecting the skin to bubble off soon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tzog
Back