Still working?

wife and are working from home.
I talk to people (liaison) about stuff for a living and always did that with phone, emails and in person meetings, usually not in my office, so only small shift to drop the in person aspect including traveling to the big city a few hours away.

Wife does field production accountimg for oil and gas wells. So we are both pretty secure in employment, thankfully. retirement funds looking awful all of a sudden so there is some motivation.

I’ve worked from home for two years now, and still doing it. Biggest change for me is that I used to travel 50-60% of the time and that has come to a dead stop. Other big change is that I manage a team of 60 people where a majority of them also travel 50+%, so keeping everyone engaged and productive has been my top priority. Fortunately, the work we do has a direct impact on both the clinical and longer term financial impacts of this beast, so everyone is motivated to be doing our little part to help out.

The fiancee is a PA-C at a family practice. They're only seeing acute/emergency patients. Her hours got cut in half and she will be filing for partial unemployment.

On Friday public transport in my area went to a restricted 7AM to 7PM timetable (no Sunday service at all) and as I work nights without having my own transport that put me out of work.

On top of that I am supposed to be going to University in September, but this whole thing has partly derailed that as one of the Uni I applied too had an interview day with a formal Math test then individual interviews to go over your results as part of the schedule. Well that got canceled AND now school exams have been canceled. Not a worry for me, I'm 40 and approaching Uni entry qualification down another path but it has thrown getting any sort of responce from that last Uni WAAAAAYYYYYY up in the air.

At least I have an unconditional offer from one place I liked the look of when I went to the open day.

And last we are now sorta ALL under house arrest here in the UK.

Link tot he BBC so non UK people can see the new restrictions. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-52010555

My entire household is "essential" employees...but we always have been.
I do molec biology/automation work in one of the largest reference labs in the country...we are a little busy right now.
Wife is a PI for a large company doing drug discovery work for big pharmas
Son is a rural carrier for the USPS.

I wish work from home was an option a lot of days!!

Wife and I are still working at/from/around home. We're very thankful to be employed during these challenging times.
Good luck and stay safe, Hunt Talkers.

My 78 yr old retired parents are understandably more concerned about this virus than I am. They have been spending their self-quarantine time sewing masks for caregivers and hospital workers. Not sure how effective they are but it sure makes them feel more useful during their time in isolation.

Screenshot 2020-03-24 at 6.24.29 AM.jpeg

The city I work in may have just shut me down. The order seems to allow me, but other lawn and landscape companies are claiming they got calls from the city telling them they were shut down.

Makes perfect sense. A company where you have zero personal interaction closed. Sure is good to have such great political leadership at a time of crisis they have time to worry about lawn mowing.

I say that as I saw my city out doing lawn maint with city employees yesterday. And the dog catcher and code enforcer were out. Good "°essential" gov is still working😒

Makes perfect sense. A company where you have zero personal interaction closed. Sure is good to have such great political leadership at a time of crisis they have time to worry about lawn mowing.

I say that as I saw my city out doing lawn maint with city employees yesterday. And the dog catcher and code enforcer were out. Good "°essential" gov is still working😒

Yep...and “package stores” are on the essential list, mostly because he was afraid to say “liquor stores”.

From what I've seen you really can't even leave your house except for a couple of reasons, correct?
No quite that bad, we can buy food, fill up the car, exercise once a day, visit doctor/get medicine or we can help out the vulnerable.
But the police are cracking down on people breaking the guidelines.

Live in Iowa. No shelter in place order. Work in IL. We are deemed essential as we supply essential business. Taking precautions but running as usual right now.

Still working here in Idaho, we are a flexible printing/packing company with most of our work being produce and food bags. Essential Infrastructure. We are busier than I have ever seen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back