Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Speedlock firing pin assemblies

MinnesotaHunter

Yes, I have installed them, if you buy the complete assembly it takes about 30 seconds.

The spring is chrome silicon, which wont take a set or memory like standard springs. Also the entire assembly is significantly lighter.

Lock time is also cut by about 40%. The result is that the time between when the trigger is pulled and the rifle goes "bang" is reduced by 40%. Meaning that there is less time for any movement from where your sight picture was until the rifle fires.

You can hear the difference when you dry fire a speed lock/Tubb from a standard factory assembly.

Its tough to quantify how much difference it makes, but I have them in all 3 of my 700's...for 60-70 bucks I think its worth it.

Thanks, Buzz. That was what I was hoping to hear.

To this point in shooting my .260 (which is pretty light) I have not had issues keeping the rifle stable through the shot process; which I had heard some experience when shooting really light rifles. My experience is probably largely due to having a really good trigger on the rifle, but the speedlock seems like it might improve the forgiveness of the rifle even more.

The theory is the bullet will leave your barrel how every many feet faster. For example, bullet shot with faster lock time is 20 ft out the muzzel and a standard is half way down the barrel. This decreases the amount of time the shooter and the recoil has to effect the bullet. I hope this helps. Robin

Back