Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Sleeeeeep!

Hilljackoutlaw

So I just wanted to share that I slept until 9:24AM this morning and it was awesome! :sleep::sleep::sleep:. I'm sure most you workers out there no what I'm saying. My body just wakes up at 6ish no matter what usually and to actually sleep in is nothing short of a miracle. I feel I could leap tall buildings in a single bound today!

I work 10 hour shifts at night for 7 days. I sleep 18 to 24 hours on my first day off and take naps for the next 2 days.
Sleep is wonderful.

I get up at 3:30 during the week. Many weekends I am awake by 4-5 a.m.
I made it to after 8 myself this morning!

I get up with out an alarm every day.
The days I work I get up at 3:30 AM .
The days I hunt or fish I get up a bit earlier like 3 ish.
The rest of the time I get up at 4 am.
I don't even own an alarm clock...

If I get 3hrs sleep at a time it's a rare accurance.Normal sleep pattern is
1hr. at a time or no sleep a all.No worries nothing pending,just won't happen... 😎

Weekdays, 0415, but don't get to work until 0800.
Weekends, 0415-ish...BUT will take a nap on both days.
Never owned an alarm clock.

I am lucky I had a great doc who found a good concoction that does me right....what used to be 3-4 hours max is now about 5-6. Gotta take what you can get.

A lot of my sleep issues are TBI and PTSD related, on top of nightmares. My shrink put me on an ADHD med to slow my brain down from racing so that I can relax, but I'm still only good for 2-3 hours at a time.

I love waking up alert and feeling rested. Sometimes it is just from 3 hours of sleep. But 7-8 seems to be what my body craves.
Funny thing, after going to a concert Saturday night, I woke up at my usual 6 am. Did weekend housework and napped for 2.5 hours, and woke up cranky as hell.

I get up with out an alarm every day.
The days I work I get up at 3:30 AM .
The days I hunt or fish I get up a bit earlier like 3 ish.
The rest of the time I get up at 4 am.
I don't even own an alarm clock...

My father is a farmer and he had this sort of a thing. I asked him what happens with Daylight Savings when I was about 12 and he glared at me then walked away with his Folgers coffee and pork rind snack.

I am generally wide awake at 6:00. It doesn't matter if I was up or not. Occasionally, if I have a string of days off, that might stretch to 7:00. I've never been able to sleep in the morning, even when I was a teenager. Don't know why, I actually wish I could sometimes.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back