Caribou Gear

Sitka Hunting Gear

WBouldin

I have been researching Sitka's entire line of gear and have even tried it on in store; and from what i can tell so far- its amazing. I have heard from sponsored pros that it is great and the best system ever but i cant trust someone who doesnt have to pay the money (sorry Randy). Can anybody currently using this gear vouch for its durability and overall value. Its quite an investment for a college kid so i want to make sure it is worth it and doesnt turn out to be like Drake Waterfowl Systems stuff where you pay a whole lot for waders that rip the first morning out.

I will be the 1st to say its worth every penny !! I wore a pair of the ascent pants 50 plus days last year hunting turkey, big game, sheds and birds and they still look brand new. Take your time and watch camofire.com and you will be albe to get all of the gear from Sitka for 50% off

.......but i cant trust someone who doesnt have to pay the money (sorry Randy). Can anybody currently using this gear vouch for its durability and overall value. ......

Does it count that I had to pay for the Sitka Gear wore by me, and all guest hunters, for the first two seasons? :D:D:D

I understand where you are coming from. I am sure you will get some comments from other guys who use it.

Does it help if you know that I turned down offers from other clothing companies who would pay me to use their gear? I do not get paid a penny from Sitka or many other people whose products I use and who you see involved in the show. Mostly want to make sure the equipment we use performs under the conditions of abuse we subject it to.

I had my first experience with Sitka recently and have to admit I was a serious doubter of its worthiness. But, after wearing it for 5 days it is worth the price of admission. Super durable, really comfortable, try as I might could not find anything that I didn't like. ther only problem is what good will is going to do with all of my other camo.........

I have used Cotton for the last 35 years of Elk hunting and was very happy with it. I tried my first Sitka garment last year, a Core zip Tee, and was very impressed. It did just what they said it would do.

This year I bought a Core zip, a Traverse zip, a 90% jacket and Ascent pants. I wrote a check to Wholesale Sports for that stuff so if I wasn't happy with it, I would certainly say so.
Those have been the only garments I have worn this year. Elk hunting in Utah the first 3 weeks of Sept, Archery Elk in Oregon the last week, and Antelope in Wyoming the 3rd week of October.

I'm done buying camo. The Sitka does just what they say it will do.

I wore the Ascent thru waist deep blowdown for weeks and no problems other than shins that were cut to ribbons. The pants held up perfectly.

This is one of the more open areas:

Attachments

• 9-3-1.jpg
    9-3-1.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 1,564
Thanks for the input guys, you have made the decision for me! Randy, you kind of sealed the deal by wearing Sitka over others who will pay you to wear theirs. It adds to your "no bull" image that keeps the show real and true to us viewers. Thanks again guys!

Check out camofire.com and be patient. I bough Sitka on there for a huge discount. I agree with all the comments and think the gear is excellent (especially when you save 50%)

I can vouch for Randy's comments. We recycled the clothing between hunters because he had bought only 2 sets. Some of you guest hunters smell like corn chips even after washing the stuff.;):D I wish he was getting paid for it so that I could go raid the garage and get the "old" sitka stuff.

With that said it seems like real nice gear. I don't think I could afford the whole clothing system but if I could I probably would get it. I do love all the little pockets and things they have on both their shirts and pants. Real handy

I would recommend the 90% for hunting in late Oct-Nov and the Acent for earlier stuff. I can't say that I would ever fork over $400 for some of their other pieces of clothing, but I do like the 90% stuff quite a bit.

Cabelas usually has a 50% off sale of all Sitka gear right after Christmas.Thats where I bought mine.I'll be buying more this year.The stuff is the best I've ever used

Whatever the conditions Sitka has a system. Hunting in Montana, I wear the core zip top, the traverse top and bottoms and the 90% top and bottom, and that works for September. Depends on who you are though. Regardless, you'll find something that works and you'll never find a better fitting more flexible and quite system that's this light. It just works. After the holidays is key for sure. The sales are ridiculous!

Excellent stuff. Not sure how I got by for so long without it. The materials and the fit make it superior to the big box camo by a wide margin.

I don't have the clothing yet but the Bivy 30 bag is sweet! It hauls a good amount of gear/meat and can compact down to a day pack plus the frame system holds the bag off your back to reduce back sweat. I hauled one hell of a load in it once this year through some rugged country brush and trees. I washed it after i got home and it looks so new that I could take it back to the store and tell them I never used it. That ain't going to happen!

I'm definately looking for that after christmas sale at Cabelas to get some clothing.

If the price scares you... than it's not worth it. If it doesn't, than it's worth it. I'm not gonna argue about the quality, materials, fit... I'm just saying that you don't need to spend that kind of money to have quality gear to hunt in. Ed F

Ed you said what I was thinking better than I could.

I own a few pieces of Sitka. I like them. I'm not gonna get rid of them. It is a great line of products and I was lucky that my family was generous enough to buy a pair of mtn. pants, a mtn shirt, and a core zip for me over the last few years.

There is a saying in the target archery world about "better performance through aggressive spending". And I've been guilty of that a time or two in the past., (and I will in the future I'm sure). But no clothing label ever put a buck in my truck.

If the item passes your cost/benefit analysis then go for it. I think I'm gonna try to start a vintage hunting gear thread...

Couldn't say it any better!

Ed you said what I was thinking better than I could... There is a saying in the target archery world about "better performance through aggressive spending". And I've been guilty of that a time or two in the past., (and I will in the future I'm sure). But no clothing label ever put a buck in my truck.

If the item passes your cost/benefit analysis then go for it. I think I'm gonna try to start a vintage hunting gear thread...

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back